Zalman ZM-NB47J passive northbidge vs. stock DFI LANPARTY nF4 fan?

Xylo

Limp Gawd
Anyone out there running a DFI LANPARTY nF4 who has replaced their stock northbridge fan with one of those big blue Zalman passive heat sinks?

What sort of difference in temperature did you get?

Or anyone else, really, who has used the Zalman passive heatsink....?

I have a shuttle sn25p, (NF4), and I replaced the active cooler with the zalmon and just put the silent little fan from the stock cooler on the zalmon. The stock cooler was getting hot as hell and I wanted to decrease the constantly high temp a few degrees for case cooling purposes. Thing still gets hot as hell, not even sure if it is doing much good.

my zalman decreased my nforce-2 temps consiterably and works well for my p4 chipset, until i got water cooling, then i just put a 50mm fan onto it to make up for the lack of case air flow

works well for my nforce 4 mobo, constant @ 48 degrees which is a hell of a lot better than a 60mm fan spinning at 7000rpm...

edit: i had to snip 4 pins off of it though because of graphs card clearance with my nvsilencer 6.

You should just install some fan controlling software and lower the rpm of the chipset fan. Smartguardian will allow you to set it at different speeds for different temps. Installing a passive cooling will just cause your temps to rise.

A key to keeping the chipset temps low is leave the voltage at stock. You should rarely have a reason to raise it more then 0.1V if that.

Back