ZALMAN ZM-NB47J and msi k8n neo 2 platinum compatability?

Hey, I'm thinking of purchasing the mi k8n neo2 platinum mobo. I have a nice passive zalman NB cooler (the ZALMAN ZM-NB47J) that I would like to transfer over to it from my current board, although I have looked at the location of the northbridge, and it is very close to the agp slot. My video card is a 6800 GT with a w/c block on it, and no ramsinks. Do you guys know if it would fit?

I did a google and forum search, but unfortunately I could not find a conclusive answer. I did see one pic of someone with the cooler, and it fit, but he had a smaller video card. I am not sure if it will work or not with mine.

On another note, if I bought this board from a reputable place, such as the egg or zzf, would it work with a venice core out of the box? I don't want to be stuck with a system that does not POST due to the lack of a BIOS update.

Thanks.

If you're really worried about Bios needing to be flashed, you might want to get it from Monarch since they will make sure your Bios is flashed to work with the chip you also order from them. Besides, they had Venice cores in stock too.

If I were you, I'd check the picture of the other guy with the heatsink and then guestimate how much bigger your card is and whether it will fit or not. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and you have to use the chipset cooler on the board or get one a little smaller than the Zalman.

Back