• VF-1000

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
Looks like they use the same fan. I want to replace the VF900 that's currently on my GTS250, since even at 1800rpm it's too loud. Both these coolers start at 1400rpm, which sounds great- at the upper limit of acceptable. Has anyone seen a side-by-side between the two coolers? My concern is that the VF1000 has more heatpipes, but they're farther away from the fan, and may therefore be less effective.

Cost is higher. Any benefit to the Kama Flex over the S-Flex? (Also, motherboard only has one fan header available, and the Accelero would need two to be effective.)

Cost is higher. Any benefit to the Kama Flex over the S-Flex? (Also, motherboard only has one fan header available, and the Accelero would need two to be effective.)

How much are you paying for the VF1000? Most places I see it's mid to upper 40's, wile the HS and fan I listed come in at $40.98, also the Kama is cheaper than the S-Flex, but it's also only a 1,000rpm fan, if you can deal with the crap fan on the VF900 at 1400rpm you can without a doubt deal with the 1,000rpm of the Kama, and I would be willing to bet cool better at the same time.

$35 for either Zalman. For mid-$40's, I'm already looking at Zalman's VF2000, although that raises the other issue (same as with the Accelero) of getting myself a three-slot video card.

$35 for either Zalman. For mid-$40's, I'm already looking at Zalman's VF2000, although that raises the other issue (same as with the Accelero) of getting myself a three-slot video card.

5 bucks more for a MUCH better HS and fan is not a bad deal if you ask me.

I want to stay within the original two-slot footprint of the card. The Accelero+fan combination does not meet this criteria. Can you recommend anything besides the Zalman's that will do so?

I'd also consider the DuOrb, but I don't know how it fares at low RPM. (Plus it ships with a Molex power connector, meaning rewiring for 5V or 7V.)

I believe the Trad² GTX is a 2 slot cooler (can be less if you use thin fans) However it is a bit more money at $49.95, but it does come with 2 fans (92x25mm it will also work with a single 120mm fan). I have never used this HS myself but have read many good things about it and have a friend who swears its better than his Accelero.

I'd forgotten about the T-Rad, it seems like it's in short supply. That looks like a good fit, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back