Zalman VF900 VGA Cooler Pre-Order

wow that thing looks badass .. nice find

my maze4 is still probably better though .. ;)

mal

Neat!! I'm very interested to see if this cooler can take the heat from the x1900xt(x) line of cards from ATi. Should cool Nvidia's 7900 line very very well.

If this would work as a single slot cooler on the 7900GTX I'd be very happy. As long as it would let me keep the eVGA Superclock speeds.

It's a shame they still include those lame aluminum ramsinks. For that price they should include copper parts imho. :rolleyes:

^true^

I think some low profile copper sinks would be shweet. Eff those little tin can blue 1's lol.

You guys think that the ram sinks would still get as much air blown over them as with the VF700?

N H O said:
i dont see why it wouldnt

Well with the VF700 it looks like the fins and the fan extend out over the ramsinks and from looking at the fan on the VF900, I would say that this isn't the case. I am assuming that the fan is blowing down on both models, so I guess the air would still get blown down and across the card, cooling the ramsinks.

I am interested in getting the VF900, but I don't know if I like that price.

55$ shipped, i knew it would be expensive :eek:

I'll pickup a waterblock for 45$ instead...

Yeah because comparing an air cooled HSF to a WATER cooled block makes perfect sense. :eek:

That looks really nice, I wonder how it will compare to the stock 7900 GTX HSF.

Absolute0 said:
55$ shipped, i knew it would be expensive :eek:

I'll pickup a waterblock for 45$ instead...

Yeah I'll go ahead and just the put waterblock in by itself. Bet that would cool really good. :D

wow.... I have been waiting patiently for this.

Zalman has been the only sticker I have been willing to put on my PC's case beside's AMD's.

slithy said:
Yeah I'll go ahead and just the put waterblock in by itself. Bet that would cool really good. :D
Slithy's next new topic title would be, "welp, just fried m'five hundred dollar video card with a waterblock."

:D

Still, I wonder if the cooling capacity of the 900 is enough to justify the cost over the 700.

Damnit, why can't they just give us mounts for a zalman 7000 on the gpu?

Back