Zalman VF700LED CU

Prim3

Gawd
I just got this in and all I can say is WOW at the temp drops and where my temp stays during long periods of gaming... From 57-67C down to 47 and getting up to 55 during long hours of gaming... I <3 zalman... If you are thinking about getting a heatsink for keeping that new investment nice and cool or overclocking it with out water cooling... This is the baby to get.

Prim3 said:
I just got this in and all I can say is WOW at the temp drops and where my temp stays during long periods of gaming... From 57-67C down to 47 and getting up to 55 during long hours of gaming... I <3 zalman... If you are thinking about getting a heatsink for keeping that new investment nice and cool or overclocking it with out water cooling... This is the baby to get.
nice man, post pics of it in the thread thats in my sig :D

If I can my digi cam... I will =D Man those stock heatsinks are horrible.... Just a low profile aluminum heat sink and what ever the hell they put on the ram sinks with 1/8th" thick tape. My little blue copper or aluminum ( i think they are alum) do a better job then that crap for sure. I dont even plan to overclock my 6800GT but I may now snice it can handle the temp increase hehe.

Hmm... I just checked what my V-card clock speeds are... And I noticed that I overclocked while playing the ntune last night just seeing what iwas etc...

Stock:
350 core
1000 Ram
Temps: 57C IDLE 65C++ Gaming
What it is at:
Temps: 47 IDLE 55C Gaming....

I only ran the ntune for 5 mins and I guess I hit the save option... Keep in mind, this is running at 48C idle and only gets to about 55-56 After gaming for a few hours. Man what a nice heat sink can do lol.

My only question is... When I put the little ram sinks on, they kinda go knocked off easy.. Is this only gonna be like during intial install?

Prim3 said:
My only question is... When I put the little ram sinks on, they kinda go knocked off easy.. Is this only gonna be like during intial install?
I got my VF700AlCu two nights ago and am loving it as well. It replaced a very dusty stock cooler and knocked load temps down 20 degrees. It's only given me an extra 10mhz on the core, and 50mhz on the memory though (422/1.16) but it's so quiet compared to the old one.

I was a little worried about the ramsinks, but read somewhere that they'll cure over the first few days, which I take to mean 'get really stuck on.' :)

Back