Zalman VF700Cu fan swap?

Roliath

2[H]4U
Has anybody here done a fan swap on the VF700cu?
How big is the fan on the VF700cu? I'm planning on swapping out the fan but not entirely sure what size fan it will accept or what fan would be a reasonable swap.

thanks

Yes, someone has swapped a 38mm thick fan with it. I would search for it, but I need to run to the bank before it closes. YAY PAYDAY!

I did a search but I can't find anything...

The fan's model number is ZF8015ATM, and it is an 80mm x 15mm.
Now to find a worthy 80mm fan to swap with it.
It spins at 1350 rpm at 5V and 2650 rpm at 12V. Noise level is very low at 5V - just a whisper at 18.5dB. Noise level remains low at 12V, at just 28.5dB

Why would you want to swap out the fan? The fans that come on them are excellent! :confused:

My bad. I was thinking of the CPU Zalman cooler, not the GPU cooler that you mentioned OP. Sorry about that.

Oh man I was just about to make a thread about this. I put a 92mm Tri-blade Delta on mine :D
Didnt do much except take up another PCI slot. I'm sure if you put a tornado on it or something temps would improve.

100_1464.jpg

100_1465.jpg

How much did it help out?
I broke the clip that the fan lays on and attaches to the actual heatsink, so I'll have to mod something up. I plan on putting on an 80mm Panaflo M1A or H1A.
I have another on the way just in case I screw up again.
I'm going to lap it aswell.

Why would you want to? The Zalman fan is pretty decent, unlike the fan in the 7700 series [from what I've heard].

Roliath said:
How much did it help out?
I broke the clip that the fan lays on and attaches to the actual heatsink, so I'll have to mod something up. I plan on putting on an 80mm Panaflo M1A or H1A.
I have another on the way just in case I screw up again.
I'm going to lap it aswell.

It didnt help al all. Like Bona Fide said the fan that comes on the heatsink is a fan good fan. It's a 80mm fan so I dont think replacing it w/ a panaflow will make a diff.

Back