ZALMAN VF700-CU Good soultion?

How simple is it to install? Maybe the question I should ask is, how easy is it to take the stock cooler off?

iceman1110 said:
How simple is it to install? Maybe the question I should ask is, how easy is it to take the stock cooler off?

should be easy... i dunno about the 9800SE, but either ur cooler is attached with pushpins, or screws... in which ever case its easy to detach.

the zalman is extremely easy to install; the hardest part is removing the stock hsf

quadnad said:
the zalman is extremely easy to install; the hardest part is removing the stock hsf

not disagreeing with you, but it wasnt that hard for me...

less by hard u mean nerve racking than YES. i was like "damn, i diggin in to my brand new 500 bucks piece of hardware"

A VF700 in silent mode is still good enough for a 6800GT (not so sure about Ultra and 7800 series), though that's already pushing the limits. Putting it on a 9800 is overkill- Sapphire put the 100% ZM80 series heatpipes on 9800Pro/XT cards and provided a warranty on them, to give you an idea how effective Zalman's coolers are. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Back