Zalman VF700-CU best VGA cooler?

Would one of the Arctic Cooling fans work better because of the exhaust out of the back of the system?

I like the idea of pushing the hot air out of the case with the arctic coolers. I have an arctic cooler on my fx5900se and its great. Got rid of the anoying high pitch noise and lowered temps on video card 15-20 degrees and lowered my case temps 3 to 4 degrees. I was having temp problems after a few hours of gaming before I installed the new arctic cooler (I run my two 120mm fans @ 1000 rpm for silence). Now I can run games in silence all day with no heat issues. I am sure the zalman cooler is great too, but again I like the idea like pushing the air out of the case.

PS. Dont laugh at my video card. It came with Call of Duty :p
(ok looking back yes I wish I got the 9800pro instead)

A user who switched from the VF700 to the new Silencer, said the Silencer gave him much better temps. I installed a new rev.3 myself, and have great temps, and the hot air it outside the case, where it should be. I made a post with numbers if you want to search.

qbackin said:
Works well. But requires decent air flow in the case.

As does any VGA cooler.

I went from an AC rev2 to the Zalman a while ago. I find the Zalman to cool just as well, but with the advantage of being quieter. It was also easier to install the Zalman. Finally, the plastic shroud on the AC collected dust which was impossible to completely remove.

I like the Zalman cooler because it is very simple to install and it most of all it is QUIET. It cools very well...but QUIETLY which is the main selling point to me.

From this review, it looks like the Silencer has the edge...

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=466

Test_01.gif

I like the Zalman cooler better over the Arctic cooler for the reason that the Zalman will have better airflow over the memory chips. I have the Arctic cooler on my ATI 9800pro and the memory chips are overheating.

Back