Zalman VF-900: Bowing my cards?

Calefaction

Limp Gawd
Okay, I stuck a pair of Zalman ZF-900's on my 7900GT's last night, and now there is a pronounced bow in the card PCB. The Zalman's aren't tightened down too much, I gave them all exactly one turn until they were solid, but could still be easily unscrewed. Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed it? If it's not going to hurt the cards, I will ignore it...but I didn't think putting a bend in PCB was good :p

hah, you should see what some waterblocks have done to my card.

PERMENANT bending...

Pictures help us assess the severity of the bowing... Any more than a slight curve usually isn't too good... As long as the distance between the side and middle of the card isn't over 4mm (vertical) or so, you should be fine.

Arcygenical said:
hah, you should see what some waterblocks have done to my card.

PERMENANT bending...

Pictures help us assess the severity of the bowing... Any more than a slight curve usually isn't too good... As long as the distance between the side and middle of the card isn't over 4mm (vertical) or so, you should be fine.

It's less than 4mm, it's noticeable, but not terrible. I would show you guys pictures of my case, but frankly, I am a bit embarrassed of it right now :p It's still a WIP so there are coords and wires all over, I haven't fully cleaned it up. It doesn't look very professional :p Soon as I get my modular PSU in, I am going to finish the wire cleanup.

Regardless, I just wanted to see that other people had at last seen this and that I didn't install the coolers wrong. Temps look great, so from that stand point, they are on well. Just wanted to make sure my cards weren't going to snap one day or something.

Naw, PCBs are hard to break!

Trust me... Breaking an old P1 board takes a bit of strength.

Back