zalman thermal grease

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering how good the zalman thermal grease was that comes with the 9500? I cant get arctic silver 5 here in houston just cant find it anywhere. ANd i dont feel like waiting 5 days for it to come in the mail. So i was just wondering how the zalman grease performs?

also im going to be putting alittle thermal grease on the underside of the heatsink it self then rubbing it off with a lint free cotton swab. Leaving a small coat on the underside of the heatsink.

Then putting a alittle on the processor itself (in the middle, grain of rice size).

Then pussing down the 9500 on top of the processor and spining clockwise and counter clockwise before screwing in the heatsink.

I wanted to get some views on this t o see if im doing it right.

I dont want to mess up...

haha...i have some AS5 and i live in houston. i ordered it from newegg though. depending on where you live in Houston, you may want to check out Directron. here is a link to the Arctic Silver 5 and you can choose in-store pick-up if you live close enough: http://www.directron.com/35grams.html. seems like they have it in stock. i would imagine that AS5 is better then the zalman stuff. anyone care to confim?

Zalman makes a thermal compound that's actually better than AS5, but the standard white stuff that's included with their heatsinks will be outperformed by AS5.

The stuff they send with heatsinks= average, Zalman STG-1 sold separately= awesome. :cool: It is the easiest application you'll find and some reviews I've seen have it beating cured AS5 and Ceramique. I got a 2c drop versus the Ceramique I used previously..

Back