Zalman that will fit in Micro ATX Case?

ShredderFan

Limp Gawd
I'm building my first Micro ATX case.

After upgrading my home computer, the Pentium 4 at the Jersey Shore place was way too slow for 3D work, and the one at work, even though an Athalon 64 3500 was seeming slow as well. So, Instead of building two new computers, I decided to save time effort and money and build my first Micro ATX case.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811108024

Was the case I decided on. The holey front is a little corny, but I could live with that. My question is this. I bought a Zalman CNSP9500 (I think that was the model number) fan for my new case here...but it was pretty big for a standard ATX case. Would that thing fit in this micro ATX case, or is there a cheaper, smaller and just as good version I can get from Zalman that would work just as well?

I believe that any cooler can fit in microATX cases. And I beilieve the Zalman will fit also. I made a worklog on a microATX case I think you might be interested in.

worlog

Whatever you do, you'll probably have to take out that crazy plastic duct to get a larger fan in there.

Since you already have the 9500, you might as well see if it fits.

Whatever you do, you'll probably have to take out that crazy plastic duct to get a larger fan in there.

Since you already have the 9500, you might as well see if it fits.

I already have the 9500 in my current case, I didn't buy one for the second case yet :).

Yeah, I was t hinking of taking out that plastic thing, but I don't think it's a plastic screw jobby like the last one was to make it simple. I'l haveto tke a look at it later today. The asus motherboad , power, and hard drive are being ordered today :).

I believe that any cooler can fit in microATX cases. And I beilieve the Zalman will fit also. I made a worklog on a microATX case I think you might be interested in.

worlog

If that fan in your work log is the same size as my Zalman 9500 in my current standard case...how in the world did you fit any memory on that board? let alone the hard drive cables?

i need something that works, yet is small enough that I could fit all four memory modules in there should i need too. 2 Memory modules is the most i would use at current. Would the recomended Zalman CNPS8000 fit fine and allow me the use of all 4 memory slots?

Back