Zalman still the best?

Notquiteanewbie

Limp Gawd
I'm in the market for a hsf and of course Zalman is top choice.

I'm looking into the Zalman 7000-alcu

I was just wondering if this is still the best, because its been quite some time now and was wondering if any competitors have had an answer to this hsf.

Zalman 7000Alcu ~$35.99

In terms of value and performance?

You can get it for $29.99 at SVC.com. Yup, Zalman is still for the low cost a top heatsink.

The Zalman 7000alcu just kicks ass. I had a Swiftech MCX4000 and a 92mm Tornado before I got the Zalman, and there was very little change in temps (1-2C higher). The Zalman is nearly silent too. The best alternative is the Thermalright heatpipe heatsinks.

Thermalright makes best heatsinks. I have a Thermalright SP-97 (AMD) matched with a 117cfm torando (if you dont mind the noise) or with an Enermax 92mm fan (extremely silent with great performance), this thing can run extremely cool, check out my temps on my sig.

Another vote for ThermalRight! I have a SP- 94 equipped with Vantec Stealth and it keeps my processor very cool with my crazy overclock!

i have the cnps-7000Cu
and was thinking about doing a mcx478v with the silenx 80mm fans(14db and 28cfm)

but the zalman is good too, very very good

and think the mcx487v combo will be better, i was also thinking of ducting it

I was running a Athlon XP2600+ with a mcx462v and tried a 24cfm 80mm Panaflo fan and it kept overheating every time I tried to overclock. The heatsink was properly seated with AS3. At stock voltage and speed, it was fine, just a little warm (50C). I replaced the 24cfm with a 39.6cfm, and got great results. I ended up running my 2600+ at 2.55ghz till I had to sell it for financial reasons :(

Back