Zalman or Thermaltake

Tiburon

Weaksauce
I'm planning on buying and overclocking an amd athlon 64 3000+ and obviously I need a good cooler. The website that I plan on buying from offers to attach the cpu, motherboard and cooler..however all they offer for coolers is the Zalman or Thermaltake. The Zalman goes for about 40 and the thermaltake for about 20. Which is the better buy?

which models in particular?
In general, we all want silent, good (cooling), and cheap. You can get two out of three.

Sorry guys here are the exact models

Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu Silent CPU cooling kit $42

Thermaltake CL-P0075 K450 $33

Thermaltake A1838 heatsink and fan $25

Thermaltake A1772 $49

Thermaltake A1770 $22

Get the Zalman, no questions asked. It is silent and almost as good as the famous XP-90.

The Zalman is better (and prettier). Of the Thermaltakes, the A1838 is pretty darn quiet and performs well. It does have a bit of an electronic buzz to it below 1400 rpm if you are next to it on a desk.

Or Thermaltake with customer support that actually speaks English.

2uantuM said:
you never know, some people may not know how to turn on aluminum/copper.
i figure, they probably get alot of calls on,
"do i need to apply thermal paste"
"what is this gooey stuff included with my heatsink?"
"my cpu smells burnt, y is that?"
"which way does the fan blow?"

:D

Don't laugh.

It's not funny.

It's what we have to put up with.... I mean, they're things we like assisting our customers with.

Tt Tech said:
Don't laugh.

It's not funny.

It's what we have to put up with.... I mean, they're things we like assisting our customers with.

hmm...i didnt know you were actually TT rep, anyways i feel ya. i worked the retail field of customer service before so there are both good and bads of it.

Back