Zalman HSF look alikes?

I just don't like when people make such knockoffs.

Like Thermaltake with their tower heatsinks, that they call new technology, that they ripped directly from Aerocool.

those things definately look cheap. they just hope to sell because some newbs assume that because they LOOK like a zalman 7000, they PERFORM like a zalman 7000

I dunno, my Speeze WhisperRock HSF works like a charm. Quiet, decent cooling. it cost me $12

These are a lot smaller than the zalmans, the twister one features an 80mm fan, and the fan won't fit 'inside' the hs like the 92mm does on the zalman, also doesn't look as dense.

I'd say go for the Zalman. Without even testing the heatsinks, you can tell that there are far more fins, a larger fan, the heatsink is larger, and they have a reputation of quality established. Plus I LOATHE companies that run in and make cheap crappy knockoffs. I remember hearing a while back that Zalman was pursuing litigation against this company for patent infringement. I'd spend the extra cash for the Zalman, because you already know its worth it. Plus are these even quiet? One of the main advantages of the Zalmans is that they are extremely quiet even at full speed, while there is no such guarantee here. They claim their fans are 32db but you can never be sure.

look at their hard drive silencer and look at the 2nd pic from the right (out of the 4)

poor photoshop skills right there.

How would you guys rate the real Zalman for overclocking? Just curious, Fry's has them for about $29.99 and I was considering picking one up.

Originally posted by retardedchicken
look at their hard drive silencer and look at the 2nd pic from the right (out of the 4)

poor photoshop skills right there.
when i take a closer look, all of the pics for the HDD silencer looks like crap photoshopping

Lol, look at the specifications...

"100% aluminum" as if that's a good thing. Lol...

Oh well, at least the BASE is copper... Or so they say, in the picture it doesn't look like it (unless copper is normally silver...) but maybe they just don't know how to use a camera.

Email sent to Zalman: [email protected]

Just happened by this over at the Hard OCP forums. Looks like somebody is trying to rip off your designs.

http://www.mge-usa.com/home/detail.asp?iPro=218&iType=807#

The thread at Hard OCP

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=755150

And yes I hate jerkweeds that pump out knockoffs of something that I've done. Hell I tracked down the phone # of the guy that ripped off my Mechwarrior 3 skins and called them his own design, he wasn't real happy about being called at 3:00 am ;).

Originally posted by Sir-Fragalot
How would you guys rate the real Zalman for overclocking? Just curious, Fry's has them for about $29.99 and I was considering picking one up.

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the AlCu an 8 and the CU a 9, simply because when you do overclock it does so at an extremely quiet level.

I have the AlCu here and have my XP Mobile 2600+ running 15x166 for 2500 MHz @ 1.725 Vcore and its currently running 107F with a 74F ambient temp.

Back