zalman hs/f compatability

blacK20

n00b
Setup right now is:
AMD64 3200+ Venice Core
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

My question is, will the Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu LED fit on the MSI board. I've checked on the Zalman compatability page(http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/7000(AB)_754-939-940MBlist_eng.htm) and the closest mobo listed is the K8N Neo2-FX. Is it the same and will it work with the Platinum board? TIA

generally, if you don't see major obstructions, then u should be fine. make sure your socket isn't too close to the top of the mobo. U can use a CD to roughly measure it, the new ones might be larger though.

hope it helps

You could also send Zalman and/or MSI tech support an email, asking them if the cooler will fit. Zalman reportedly has decent, though not necessarily the promptest, support.

My guess is that you will have the same problem as with the XP-120. There is a "capacitor in the way" that makes the XP-120 "incompatible." All any one has had to do is slightly bend the cap a little bit(it really didn't have to move much for me) to the side and the XP-120 fit. Then again, the cap may be completely in the way and bending it won't work, not really sure.

It fits just fine, im using one in the computer that I'm typing this on right now. Nothing in the way, installation was smooth as silk.

lifeinchains said:
It fits just fine, im using one in the computer that I'm typing this on right now. Nothing in the way, installation was smooth as silk.

same mobo and cooler as mine?

Back