Zalman has great customer service!

subscience

Gawd
Here's an e-mail I sent to their support:
Hi,

I have been using the Zalman CNPS7000 Cu for about a year and I absolutely love it. However, I've been meaning to switch from a P4 setup to an AMD64 setup, but I have lost the retention clips to use on AMD64 motherboards. I'm looking for retailers that may just sell the retention mechanisms alone without having to re-buy the entire heatsink and fan.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
John Han

And here's their reply:
Hello Mr. Han:

We would be glad to replace the retention clip for your CNPS7000-Cu. Please provide us with your shipping address so that we may mail you the item.

Support
Zalman USA, Inc.

Wow! All I asked was for a retailer where I could purchase it from. I found one, and they charged $4.99 for the clips and $6 for shipping! I then got this e-mail. I'm going to cancel my order tomorrow.

Zalman is a great bunch of guys! They just got a lifelong supporter and customer from me. :)

EricDawg said:
Just what a business should do. Nice to see. :)

I agree. Sadly, it's pretty rare these days.

Also, they responded within two hours of my initial e-mail. :eek:

I dropped my CNPS7000CU and a blade broke off a fan. I emailed them asking who i could get a new fan from. He asked for my addresses and said a replacment CNPS7000CU would be sent to me. I got it in the mail 3 days later. I emailed them back and asked if they wanted my original back for the RMA and they said no, its not an rma its part of good customer service.

ha.. i got that beat.. I bought a LL case that had front led stripes. it came in the mail broken. I emailed LL for sellers for replacements and they mailed to me, from Taiwan, the parts at no cost.

although, arguably, i paid enough for the case to warrent such customer support

Gongo said:
ha.. i got that beat.. I bought a LL case that had front led stripes. it came in the mail broken. I emailed LL for sellers for replacements and they mailed to me, from Taiwan, the parts at no cost.

although, arguably, i paid enough for the case to warrent such customer support

Well, since it was broken, I guess that's a bit more understandable.

I lost my retention mechanism for AMD64 motherboards and they're sending me one. :eek:

corrosive23 said:
I dropped my CNPS7000CU and a blade broke off a fan. I emailed them asking who i could get a new fan from. He asked for my addresses and said a replacment CNPS7000CU would be sent to me. I got it in the mail 3 days later. I emailed them back and asked if they wanted my original back for the RMA and they said no, its not an rma its part of good customer service.

Wow, that's awesome. I wish more companies were like this. :D

subscience said:
Wow, that's awesome. I wish more companies were like this. :D

Yea, but it's too bad that there are customers who like to abuse and exploit good customer service.

MAXX RS4 said:
Yea, but it's too bad that there are customers who like to abuse and exploit good customer service.
qft...
it sickens me sometimes what people will do to get stuff for free.. if a company treats you with this much respect, you should do the same to them and actually buy their products.
*notes zalman hsf in case*
plus their products kick complete ass :D

Yea, the same thing happened to me. My fan broke and they sent me a new one within a couple days, no questions asked. Great company, this is how every buisness should run their customer service. Definetly gonna buy stuff from these guys more often.

All this good news makes me glad I chose the Zalman 7000a alcu and NB32J as cooling solutions for my 2.8c. :)

Bloefield said:
All this good news makes me glad I chose the Zalman 7000a alcu and NB32J as cooling solutions for my 2.8c. :)

Not to mention they make kick-ass hardware. :)

(cf)Eclipse said:
qft...
it sickens me sometimes what people will do to get stuff for free..

Too true. You can read the boards here from top to bottom "I got my new mobo, Oced it too my buddy, with a thermochill, speed just using my stock heatsink and now its dead.Im gonna RMA it and say I got it that way." and you wonder why companies are wary to give out stuff and do exchanges/returns.

I work in an auto parts mail order company. We have excellent customer service but the amount of times customers try to screw us is amazing. A common one: They buy a mag wheel from a low end competitor of ours for $100 that we sell for $200. The only thing is the 100 buck one is a total piece of crap, doesnt fit right, looks like hell. It cant even be mounted without grinding on it and even then it is unsafe to actually drive the car. They then buy the good one from us and a week later call and say " it doesnt work, its all messed up I need to return it but Im unhappy now and just want a refund, no replacement" We say OK, send it back and we get the crap $100 wheel and they want a $200 refund. So we call em.
Us: "Do you want us to ship this back to you freight collect or just throw it out?"
them: " But you said youd refund it!"
US: " this isnt the wheel we sold you"
them: "Is so"
Us "it even has the stamp of the XYZ company you bought it from"
them: "F U a**holes!!!!" CLICK.
Us: "have a nice day"

Usually it isnt so cut and dried and they get the benefit of the doubt and sometimes get away with it. Customers try it way to often for us not to be extremely carefull with returns and exchanges.

The amount of crap companies like Newegg and such have to go through on this type of thing must be amazing.

P.S. I luv Zalman stuff, fans, speed controllers, ram sinks, heatsinks . All great stuff.

Great to hear, There Headquarters is a cool 3 min walk from my house :p

I love to hear these stories. Companies don't trust their customers anymore. I asked Klipsch for a replacement control pod for my 2.1's because the first one was all messed, and they wanted a recipt to make sure its in the waranty period. I didn't have one, and I knew I was still in the waranty period, but they still said they needed it. I bitched saying that it is still valid, and if I did have a recipt, they'd get it, but I don't and they treat me like shit. I ended paying $30 for that fucker. Boy, I am pissed.

Zalman is one of the greatest companies I have come across. They always are very helpful and friendly to myself, their customer. I take pride in using my 7000Cu, NB32J, and their ZM-RHS1 RAM sinks. As I have moved to watercooling, the 7000cu is serving faithfully in my spare 2.4C box. I still love my NJ32J and ZM-RHS1 sinks, as they really help me cool my nb and vram chips well, and passively. I will likely get a 7700 in the future, as they look like one of the most badass products ever made.

Awesome to hear that. I'd never think that they'd respond within 2 hours and just send you a new one, that's pretty sweet service right there.

Back