Zalman flower and gigabyte M-ITX

ptrout

Limp Gawd
Just wondering if height is not an issue....

Will any of the Zalman flower type coolers

9300, 9500, 9700, or 9900 series fit on a gigabyte m-itx board ?

Assume I have normal size ram.....I am going to have to take off the heat spreader on my vengeance sticks.

Thanks

will likely not allow for the PCIe slot to be used on their LGA1155 and LGA1156 designs.

Im ok sacking the pci slot.

I have reason for the flower type cooler, i have vertical air flow, and want to run it without the cpu fan.

I will be trying to fit it this rigged case.

2011-04-26122716.jpg

okay, you mean the veritcal flower, or the flat flowers?

vertical should be okay, however, the ones that are "flat" against the mobo, will block off the PCIe slot. Not that you seem to be using it....

now I know why this seems familar, lol. Someone suggested you do this in another thread :p

not to keep blasting away your requests at the behest of my opinions. but it seems if that is what you are going for any tower cooler should fit and work fine as well. something like the hyper 212 will nodoubtedly cool better and runs cheaper. I cannot say for sure whether the flower will work in that config. seems like it should be fine though

Im ok sacking the pci slot.

I have reason for the flower type cooler, i have vertical air flow, and want to run it without the cpu fan.

I will be trying to fit it this rigged case.

2011-04-26122716.jpg

What size are those fans? A Silverstone AP181 for the bottom fan would provide better directed vertical airflow. Then maybe you could install a 9700 or 9900 and remove the fan.

Back