Zalman Files for Bankruptcy ( Fraud )

They used to be cooling kings. But like so many tech companies, they made too many niche products and they didn't adapt.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
NO WAY DUDE
NO WAY
THA FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
GAWD DAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
Can you believe dat shiznit?!
Just... wow.
And look at the shady shit that was going on. Gawd damn yo.
Yet another company that, if they disappear for good, things just won't ever feel the same.

thats pretty fucking sad, while its been years that i dont use any of their products (nowadays ima noctua whore :p), it was nice to have them around.

Wow! That's crazy.

They made one of the very first 3D LCD monitors, which I got some good use out of.

Really too bad.

I have quite a few random Zalman products as well. I never thought of their stuff as high quality, but it always worked.

I had one of the 1lb copper orb heat sinks. Not the best cooler, but did the job well and was cool to look at.

Sad to see them gone their flower designs were great in socket A times.

business frauds are very common in south korea... the prevalence of it almost makes it seem normal. there's a big positive relation between poor business ethics and immense growth in half a century (which is also comparable to high plagiarism rates among students and scholars). it's a very complex society with lots of neglected social issues because most of its government policies that are proposed for elections are for the economy or foreign relations. i didn't realize all this when i was a stupid kid growing up there but it was a real eye-opener when i lived in south korea as an adult for four years and playing catch-up with my people. hopefully things will improve. this zalman incident is a real shame

I was about to say, if you're not committing some kind of corporate espionage or fraud in South Korea, you're not doing it right.

Why do you think it is that Samsung employees have their USB ports and internet disabled on their laptops? They can only connect at Samsung facilities, because Samsung expects everyone else to do business exactly the way they do, and that's how they have probably stolen IP from competitors.

Edit: But oh well, I did actually have some Zalman products back in the day I was quite fond of.

Last edited:
I think there was an article somewhere saying that Zalman itself is fine. It's their parent company that is going bankrupt, and they are not necessarily going down with the ship.

I was about to say, if you're not committing some kind of corporate espionage or fraud in South Korea, you're not doing it right.

Why do you think it is that Samsung employees have their USB ports and internet disabled on their laptops? They can only connect at Samsung facilities, because Samsung expects everyone else to do business exactly the way they do, and that's how they have probably stolen IP from competitors.

Edit: But oh well, I did actually have some Zalman products back in the day I was quite fond of.
samsung monitors on their own mid- to higher-level executives. source: my ex's friend's husband is a mid-level samsung exec

and no unions of any kind are allowed in samsung. shit.

Just got back a $10 rebate from a Zalman product I sent in on Sept 27th. Was actually worried about it not coming, worked out it seems. 140mm case fan for the cost of postage :p

Back