Zalman Fatal1ty Champ1on

yea it was designed but never released. probably wont find much if any info on it. best you can do is search for something similiar and mod it

Dude. i have had SUCH bad experiances with things labelled Fatal1ty. i donno. he whores himself out to shiet. Zalman has a rep with me. i like them, they make coolers, hard to screw up.

the ABIT line of Fatal1ty mobos. oh god. im at 14 count? 14 Fatal1ty mobos i have seen in my friends shop, all for repair, all bought only a few months earlier. semiconductors blow like clock work.

nice case tho

You make it sound as if Fatal1ty makes the motherboards himself, he sucks so hard. :rolleyes:

Im getting tired of seeing that damn name everywhere. It actually turns me away from purchasing the product, and yes I did buy an X-Fi Fagtality but it was for cheap @ QuakeCon.

Why does every thread with the word "Fatal1ty" in it turn into bashing Jonathan Wendel? The man is a marketing genius. So what if he sold out by selling his game-name to enthusiast companies? He's making loads of money -- something you wish you could do -- simply by owning hard at video games and trademarking his name. He has NO part in the actual manufacturing process. So why are you complaining?

takeabao said:
Why does every thread with the word "Fatal1ty" in it turn into bashing Jonathan Wendel? The man is a marketing genius. So what if he sold out by selling his game-name to enthusiast companies? He's making money. He has NO part in the actual manufacturing process. So why are you complaining?

qft.

He went from a gamer (like most of us) to a rich gamer by selling his name.

You mean to tell me you wouldn't do it either?

Anyway, I've been searching long and hard for that case for a while now. It's no where to be found. Unless Zalman decide to release it, you'll only find probably a few prototypes floating out and about.

For those who doesn't know any swedish (alot of you I guess ;) ), the bold text says "This product is not officially released by the manufacturer. More info about the product will come soon."

Seems alittle vague if it's even going to be released.
I'm not buying the case since there most likely will be next to no reviews to give me any idea of its quality, and I for one prefer to read some reviews of a case for $470 before buying it :D

do a basic google search and the first couple of links are for E3 2006 where they showed off the case with the sellout himself, along with XFX's new sellout videocard to go with it. I would love to construct an entire rig (only case and internal parts) all consisting of Fatal1ty products, then see it demolished in very cruel destructive ways. Nothing against the guy himself, but the parts made in his name are made very shotty and anyone who idolizes that needs to wake up from corporate America. Computers and gaming is my thing, but i look up to the people in society who make life better, not people who excel at a particular hobby (or even just a certain part of that hobby). Sorry for the rant but if i had to choose some idols in the industry it would be all the people who've helped me in these forums get where I am today with my knowledge of computers. If the case works and you see it being worth the 300$ price tag, by all means buy it, but there are obviously many options out there much better for your money, and countless more options if you choose to do something yourself. The casemod forum is a monument to that fact. Goodluck and never be afraid to ask for advice or opinions on the forums, most people are glad to help! :cool:

Atleast I've learned how to start a flamewar on this forum. ;)

I think I'll go for a cheaper and obviously much better Lian-Li case, just got to figure out which one now :)

Did they have some Thermaltake engineers design that case?

There was a Zalman or Fatality logo every six inches or less.

This case is in mass production because every comp in the LANWAR tourney area was using them, and we were told to expect to see it retailing soon.

Hopefully they will get rid of all the Zalman and Fatal1ty logos then, right now it looks like a mod gone too far...

rofl so you can almost build a whole PC based on just Fatal1ty products..So far he has:
The Abit mobo
Creative Mouse
Gaming Pad
Creative X-Fi Soundcard
Zalman CPU and VGA cooler
and now the Zalman case and XFX videocard

*sarcasm* Can't wait til they create a Fatal1ty HDD and Optical Drive! *sarcasm*

Edit: O yeah here is a link to a few more pictures of the case and other Fatal1ty products..the case looks interesting with the tooless roll in rails.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/gallery/e3-2006/fatal1ty/

MrWizard6600 said:
Dude. i have had SUCH bad experiances with things labelled Fatal1ty. i donno. he whores himself out to shiet. Zalman has a rep with me. i like them, they make coolers, hard to screw up.

the ABIT line of Fatal1ty mobos. oh god. im at 14 count? 14 Fatal1ty mobos i have seen in my friends shop, all for repair, all bought only a few months earlier. semiconductors blow like clock work.

nice case tho

My fatal1ty mobo is friggin great! Never heard of a blown semiconductor even on forum.abit-usa.com.

I'm sorry like it was told before, just because someone puts his name or uses someones image on a brand or product doesnt make him responsible for the quality of it, off course they wouldnt if they didnt think it was reliable. Now he is the most known gamer, and he is using that image to make him self rich, like other have said he is doing the right thing and any of us would.

I'm a computer tech for 16 years now, even with the best brands, the most reliable parts, they can damage, by their own fault or external usage, i.e: remember some years ago, quiet a few, that one of the best brands if not the best one of Hard Drive manufacture, Western Digital, had to close their factory's due to a problem they were getting on the Hard Drives, they closed the production down, found the problem and brought them alive again.

IntimidatorX said:
I'm sorry like it was told before, just because someone puts his name or uses someones image on a brand or product doesnt make him responsible for the quality of it, off course they wouldnt if they didnt think it was reliable. Now he is the most known gamer, and he is using that image to make him self rich, like other have said he is doing the right thing and any of us would.

I'm a computer tech for 16 years now, even with the best brands, the most reliable parts, they can damage, by their own fault or external usage, i.e: remember some years ago, quiet a few, that one of the best brands if not the best one of Hard Drive manufacture, Western Digital, had to close their factory's due to a problem they were getting on the Hard Drives, they closed the production down, found the problem and brought them alive again.

I don't know about you, but everything I put my name on is personally inspected and approved by myself.

Yup sane here, still he might know that the product is good, but well this is electronics, on a production line even after testing, there might have flaws.

Stu55 said:
He needs to sponsor red led fans and cathodes!

Hells yes, I'm so sick of this orange/pink cathode...and if Fat knowns anything besides fragging, its apparently the color red. :p

Don't give Wendel too much crap guys. Hes an amazing gamer who would own you in any FPS and makes money while doing so. Last I checked, that was my dream job. You all just sound rather envious to me.

Also, I like the case design. I wouldn't mind owning one if it didn't have the Zalman and Fat logos printed all over it.

MrWizard6600 said:

nice case tho

I'm still on my first ABIT Fatal1ty board, and I only got it because it was 50% off through a friends store. But I can't exactly slag on the performance since it's been flawless.

I don't really like or follow the guy enough to say I dislike him, while I do find the Fatal1ty labeled things a huge marketing pooper, I havn't been disappointed yet and if I can find them for a decent price I have no problem using any of them.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I specifically don't want to buy these fatal1ty products simply because I think I don't want to support the idea that zalman can slap the logo on there and jack the price up on their heatsinks by $20-30 (when secretly I long for the anadized red and red LED look). I think I'll have to get the case though, as long as they price it decently over here.

Last time I checked, a Fatal1ty Ed. board with red LEDs and god-knows-what stuck on the board sold for over $300, while the "vanilla" ABIT board went for a smidge over $200. Am I missing something here, or is there more to a Fatal1ty Ed. board than red LEDs?

Hey, I just noticed....is that a Fatal1ty PSU I see in the second pic? It wouldn't surprise me...

~GoaT~ said:
The case will be nearly $300 so out of reach for most.

That is so disappointing. I really liked the case style... the logos are a quick sanding and paint job away from being gone as well..

oh well..

CHAoS_NiNJA said:
Hey, I just noticed....is that a Fatal1ty PSU I see in the second pic? It wouldn't surprise me...

And to quote myself, yes, it is. My friend went to E3 and took a bunch of pics, some of them just so happen to be of Fatal1tys booth and of this case...and yes, there is a Fat PSU. Doesn't look too bad, its modular too...

Back