Zalman didnt help

MCRAYGSX

Limp Gawd
My Pentium EE 965 3.7Ghz Processor runs really hot so i changed the HSF to ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED but my temp still remains high at :rolleyes:

Idle 59c
Load 75c

Here are my system SPecs

Zalman's don't really help in that regard. They help keep things a little quieter, but that's about it.

Look into streamlining the airflow into and out of the case to reduce ambiant air temps. Recycling warm air back onto the processor doesn't do anything for you.

I'd add a Scythe Kama Bay cooler into some open 5.25" bays... Dropped my air cooled temps by like 7'c Add 2-3 of them, depending on your case, and see a huge impact.

I just got the same cooler for my AMD Opteron 148 and it helped me a bit. It wasnt as dramatic as i would have liked, but it keeps my 2.8Ghz Opteron idling around 35C most of the time. I have a 120mm intake and a 120mm exhaust with an 80mm side fan to keep things cool and am planning on adding some kamas into 2 of my free drive bays to help push more cool air into the processor since my intake right now goes mostly onto the HDDs.

What therm paste did you use? I recommend AS5 if you havent used it already, it helped my stock cooler as well as my zalman. Another thing you could consider trying is lapping the hs but idk if that will have that big of an impact. For the kind of cooling your looking for, i would recommend the Sythe Ninja or if you want to stick with Zalman check out the CNPS9500 AT, i know that it cools better than the CNPS7000. You might also wanna take a look at the Thermalright XP-120, i have heard good things about it as well.

You could also try the CNPS8000 But i havent heard anything about it, but it looks pretty good with its numerous heatpipes.

kill4killin said:
I just got the same cooler for my AMD Opteron 148 and it helped me a bit. It wasnt as dramatic as i would have liked, but it keeps my 2.8Ghz Opteron idling around 35C most of the time. I have a 120mm intake and a 120mm exhaust with an 80mm side fan to keep things cool and am planning on adding some kamas into 2 of my free drive bays to help push more cool air into the processor since my intake right now goes mostly onto the HDDs.

What therm paste did you use? I recommend AS5 if you havent used it already, it helped my stock cooler as well as my zalman. Another thing you could consider trying is lapping the hs but idk if that will have that big of an impact. For the kind of cooling your looking for, i would recommend the Sythe Ninja or if you want to stick with Zalman check out the CNPS9500 AT, i know that it cools better than the CNPS7000. You might also wanna take a look at the Thermalright XP-120, i have heard good things about it as well.

You could also try the CNPS8000 But i havent heard anything about it, but it looks pretty good with its numerous heatpipes.

I used that Zalman it came with the HSF

velusip said:
Zalman's don't really help in that regard. They help keep things a little quieter, but that's about it.

Look into streamlining the airflow into and out of the case to reduce ambiant air temps. Recycling warm air back onto the processor doesn't do anything for you.

That is where you are wrong the 9500 is one of the top performing hsf's out there. How did you install it? what thermal paste how much thermal paste etc?

My A64 3000 temps went from 45idle/55load to 30idle/39load so I'd say it made a difference, this cooler also works better with more heat, due to the heatpipes, but it does rely on good case air flow. If you have no airflow then that is why your temps did not drop much.

MCRAYGSX said:
My Pentium EE 965 3.7Ghz Processor runs really hot so i changed the HSF to ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED but my temp still remains high at :rolleyes:

Idle 59c
Load 75c

Here are my system SPecs

What can you expect? Your useing networst afterall. If you want nice cool temps down to 25C get a conroe with that Zalman and you'll see a big difference. Not with a P4. :rolleyes: Thats low temps for your space heater. Must have been nicer with a stock heatsink. Must keep ya warm in the winter atleast its good for something. :)

Back