Zalman CU-7000A and NF7

kikkler

n00b
have anyone ever successfully mounted the Zalman CU-7000A on an Abit Nf7 mobo? i know it requires some tweaking..

I have mounted it, and yes it does involve some minor tweaking of the heatsink itself

You can try to bend the capicators but you would have to bend them quite a bit

If you take a look at your mobo you will see the bank of capacitors right next to the socket, those are which create the conflict.

When you get your zalman, open the instructions and those with XP's will be using the inner mounting holes, simply cut on one side only, the side which will hit the capacitors the outter ones which are for intel and then they will no longer be blocked with the capacitors, I was told it fit, however it dosent but it is a really simple mod that takes less than 5 mins

yes i did thank you very much, when you look at the board you will notice a row of for capacitors to the left of the socket, bend the top one upwards a tiny bit and it will fit

and remember, the board undervolts the CPU a little, well at least it does for me, BIOS says its at 1.75, but averages at 1.73 according to MBM5 and was about that in the BIOS

so does bending the capacitors have any type of negative outcome?
if u wanted to, could ur "re-bend" them back into place?

Yeah, just like if you bend a paper clip repeatedly in the same spot it will eventually break. Do not bend your capacitors...

i never said you have to bend it back, which would only make it worse, if my rig starts to malfunction i will let you know, so hopefully you wont be hearing from me

Back