Zalman cooler with 8800 GTS (g92) any problems?

Galvin

2[H]4U
Zalman is telling me all I need to do is attached the cooler and use the ram heatsinks and thats it. has anyone done this and run into any heating issues?

Zalman sent me this mail:

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to first apologize for the lack of compatibility information and thank you for your interest in our VGA coolers. Regarding the separate heatsink kit, the RHS88:

This was designed to be used on the 8800 series graphics cards with the older g80 GPU (8800 ULTRA/GTX and early model GTS, which generate more heat than the g92 GPU chipset. If you have the g92 (newer GPU – 8800 GT and newer GTS) it is neither compatible nor necessary. (For the g92 8800 series graphics cards, the VF/GV1000 with the included Ram heatsinks is adequate. These are also available for separate purchase as the RHS1 RAM heatsinks.

The VF1000 or GV1000 are both able to cool your 8800 GT series graphics card with the included RAM heatsinks. If you are missing RAM heatsink parts, please request parts using the RMA form under the Customer Center of our website as follows: (for parts requests you do not need to send in the product as the form states)

Back