Zalman CNPS9500 Wait for it or no?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
What do you guys think? The new Zalmans out right now seem pretty nice too I have no idea how they stack up. What do you guys think?

9500_04eng.gif

looks good from what zalman sais but Id hardly consider the temps their advertising in this graph to be great for a P4 550 (S478 C1 Pressy maybe)

While I admit I am a true Zalman follower, every single machine in my house is using one of there 7000 or 7700 heatsink&fans, and all NB have been changed to zalmans NB heatsink. I would wait for a few more reviews to come out for the 9500 series, I myself am curious to see how this new design stacks up compared to their 7700 series considering it has a smaller fan, and much less bulk to it. If you can wait, I highly recommend doing so, cause this new design just might blow all of there other ones away.

Sejin

I'd wait. The XP90 is just a much better product for the price, especially with as high Zalman parts are priced. I had a Zalman CNPS7000, and it had lackluster performance for the hefty $50 price tag.

how much better does the XP-90 perform compare to the 7700s? This is tough cause I need a cooler for the time being but if this thing sucks then I'll be stuck with a cooler I should have spent more money on. Whats a good cooler for the meantime under $40?

I have a 7700Al-Cu for my LGA775 Prescott 640. It cools about the same as the stock HSF, maybe 1-2 degrees cooler. And it isn't noticably quieter than the stock cooler either. Not worth the money. I don't know how it stacks up to the AMD stock HSF, though. You've been warned...

The 9500 does look like it would do a good job, though. But I wouldn't buy any HSF, especially one this expensive, without reading comments from actual users (like [H]ers here). Reviews conducted in a wind tunnel don't help either. ;)

Socket 939 what would you guys go for?
How does the fan attach to the XP-90?

Glow said:
is the L1b 92mm fan better than the Panaflo M1?
If you want the cooler to be quiet at "stock" then go with the L1B but if don't mind alittle noise then go with the M1, I would get the M1 and use something like Speedfan to control it's speed just in case your CPU is running alittle hot you can run the fan at a higher speed to help cool it down faster.

With speed fan can I lower the speed of the M1? Or just too stock? I honestly don't even know what would compare to 27-30db

If you mobo is listed as supporting it (check the Speedfan site) they yes you can lower the speed easily.

Looks awesome but size, weight and price worries me, XP-90 gets the best balance I guess, XP-90C would be my next step.

I got an H1A panaflo, I think its a bit louder than the one that comes in the retail package.

CrimandEvil said:
Cool, I'd go XP-90 then.
Im trying to setup a very quiet but overclocked to 2.6 venice, which would be the recomendation then? I have plenty of fans and would be using my fanbus either way. Im using a 7000AlCu now on the 2.6C (IIRC) but dont have the A64 mounting stuff, so thats out unless I could grab some from somebody else. Oh, by quiet I mean I run the 7000AlCu between 5 and 7v 90% of the time.
edit: looked, guess I *dont* have ant 92s... :( Just a bunch of 80s and 120s.

Panaflo H1B AIR FLOW: 56.8 CFM NOISE: 35.0 dBA
Panaflo 92mm L1B Air Flow 42.7 CFM Noise Level 27.0 dBA
Panaflo M1 48.0 CFM NOISE: 30.0 dBA

Which is the best one? I am having a hard time deciding. I want to order the XP-90 and one of these tomorrow

NEXUS 92mm
27 CFM
19.2 dBA

http://jab-tech.com/customer/product.php?productid=2858&cat=80&page=1
http://www.jab-tech.com/catalog/Thermalright_XP90__OEM_p_2921.html

The Thermalright recommended fan is the FBL09A12M

which has 48 CFM and 30.0 dBA at 2450 RPM

I am in Chanhassen, MN and I have two panaflo fans that are just sitting here unused since I got my Nexus fans.
Accourding to the labels on them they are:

Model FBA09A12L1BX (92x92x25mm) rated at 42.7 CFM and 27.0 dBA at just 2100 RPM.

The second being model FBA12G12U1A (120x120x38mm) a 120mm can fit on the XP-90. I have a 120 on my SI-97.

The FBA12G12U1A is rated at 114.7 CFM and 45.5 dBA at just 2750 RPM

Yeah I'd either go with the recommended fan or that Nexus (a favorite among the silent PC folks).

I like it but what about waiting for the liquid metal coolers that are supposed to be coming out?

HAH id rather spend the money on watercooling... they are gonan cost a whole shitton of money..

the comparison to water cooling they made was probably with the lowest ID tubing and lowest flow pump they could find or one of those crappy bay water cooling kits i would like to see that keep a 4 ghz prescott at 1.56v cool and cost the same/less then a water block

you know what.. i bet they used the thermaltake bigwater for comparison

ryuji said:
you know what.. i bet they used the thermaltake bigwater for comparison
Or possibly one of those Coolermaster AquaGate minis, they're suppose to be really restrictive.

CrimandEvil said:
Or possibly one of those Coolermaster AquaGate minis, they're suppose to be really restrictive.
i thought the aquagate was supposed to be one of the best bay water cooling kits

Back