Zalman cnp9500 vs xp-90 + good fan

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
does anyone know which would be better, the pretty new zalman cnp9500 heatpipe cooler, or the thermalright xp-90 with a good fan (panaflo?).

Soy,

I use the Thermaltake XP90 in copper, with a variable speed 90mm fan. Both of these do an awesome job keeping my CPU nice and cool.

I read bad reviews on the Zalman pre-release, the biggest complaint was that the Zalman did not sit flush with the CPU, when reviewers removed the Zalman, you could see the thermal paste was severly uneven.

Hope this helps

I dont know if this will help but I have the 9500 and my temps on a 541 @ 4.2 with 1.52 volts was 39c idle, 51-52c under load.

thanks for the replies. how much of a difference is there between the non copper and copper versions of the xp-90?

About two or three degrees. The extra weight of the XP-90C doesn't really make it worth the price.

The Zalman 9500 is a better comparison with the Thermalright XP-120/SI-120 brothers.

_Korruption_ said:
About two or three degrees. The extra weight of the XP-90C doesn't really make it worth the price.

The Zalman 9500 is a better comparison with the Thermalright XP-120/SI-120 brothers.
so you're saying the zalman's better than the xp-90 for cooling the cpu, right? the zalman doesn't seem to have the spill-over effect that other hsf's have of cooling the motherboard and ram around the cpu too though.. :(

The Zalman 9500 has no methods for cooling the VRMs or DIMMs... no. But CPU temperatures should be better than with the XP-90.

how bout the xp-120? about the same, or should the 9500 still drop the temps a little more?

thanks a lot :) i guess xp-120 > cnp9500 if it fits your board then. about the same cpu cooling, but the xp-120 cools the rest of the mobo too.

Back