Zalman 9900MAX versus 9500A-LED

And I'm guessing both of them are probably owned by something like the Hyper 212+. Could be wrong about the MAX though (although all caps in a name is usually code for "trying to trick people into thinking this is good").

And I'm guessing both of them are probably owned by something like the Hyper 212+. Could be wrong about the MAX though (although all caps in a name is usually code for "trying to trick people into thinking this is good").

Everyone keeps talking about the 212+. I just hate the way it looks.

Besides, the 9900 lights up and it looks pretty.

I know it's probably more difficult to change the fan however. Hope it doesn't go out.

Last edited:
The 9900MAX is both quieter and cooler than the 212+.

/thread

Hmmm. Looks like it is pretty decent, if a tad noisy (according to the Xbit and Guru3D reviews). Better than I expected though - albeit at a bit of a price tag.

Hmmm. Looks like it is pretty decent, if a tad noisy (according to the Xbit and Guru3D reviews). Better than I expected though - albeit at a bit of a price tag.

New Egg has it on sale for $64 (the blue one). $54 after rebate, but the rebates can be a pain sometimes. or most times. :)

Last edited:
go with the 99000

Yeah, I decided to do that. Going to RMA the 9500A. Crazy shipping prices though. I wish RMA shipping was free. It's not my fault I didn't notice the 9500A was 5 years old until someone mentioned it. :)

I just hope the monster 9900MAX fits in my Antec Sonata case (GA P67A-UD7 MB with 4 sticks of Gskill ripjaws). If it doesn't fit, I will yell at the moon.

Last edited:

the CMH212+ is a joke compared to the Zalman9900Max.
I treid the hiper and it's no better then the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

it can't handle high temps very well IMO and the direct touch base causes too many TIM application issues for my liking.

Back