Zalman 9700 Vs Thermaltake 120 Extreme

banks2878

Limp Gawd
which one of these is the better cooler for a x2 6400+ and also which one is bigger???

The thermal right will give you better cooling. But it's pretty big. Make sure if you have case fans on the side panel they won't get in the way.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know why the Thermalright 120 extreme was deactivated on newegg? Is this product discontinued? I thought it was one of, if not the best CPU cooler.

I'm not sure why, but I couldn't get it through newegg when I tried either. Ended up buying from http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ Very friendly and fast shipping. (I even had the wrong address the first time they sent it out, and it got reshipped the same day they got it back, and I got it 2 days later.)

having both a Zalman CNPS9700 and a TRUE120, i can say from experience that the TRUE is the better cooler. also, www.ncixus.com has the TRUE120 in stock, i order all my computer parts through the Canadian version of ncix and ive never had problems, fast shipping and great customer service. www.ncix.com is kind of like the Newegg of Canada :p

having both a Zalman CNPS9700 and a TRUE120, i can say from experience that the TRUE is the better cooler.
I'll second that emotion.

I bought my TRUE 120 from CrazyPC. They also have a lapping option.

I'll second that emotion.

I bought my TRUE 120 from CrazyPC. They also have a lapping option.
I should have gone with CrazyPC and had it lapped. I ordered my TRUE from ModdersMart. The base is really rough on mine where my Zalman 9500 has a mirror finish. It also seems as flat as my Zalman CNP9500 which only had a tiny dip towards the edge but was flat in the middle.

That is one big HS btw. I ordered a second set of strips and brackets so I can setup a push-pull fan config using Noctua 1300 fans. I can't wait for my mobo to come back so I can set it all up.

I ordered a second set of strips and brackets so I can setup a push-pull fan config using Noctua 1300 fans. I can't wait for my mobo to come back so I can set it all up.

I just bought a coupla 38mm ( Panaflo U-1 Ultra and Scythe Ultra Craze) fans for my TRUE 120, being influenced by this thread. It just makes sense that the 38mm units will be better with this type of cooler design.

We'll see. I gotta go to the grocery store before I start playing! :D

Back