Zalman 9500 or Scythe Ninja

What is the better of the two?

• Zalman 9500

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Scythe

Votes: 33 49.3%

• Total voters
Scythe, not a tough install, REALLY easy ona socket 478. lol

Zalman looks cool, but liek everythign else with their name on it, its expensive.

Wow, this is a very close poll. I'm waiting for the result, because I need to choose one of em too.

[H]Opterown said:
dtess17, what are your idle temps like?

My room is fairly warm, i'd say 75F on most days

Idle i am usually around 32-33C
Load has been staying in the 48-50C range.

I'm at 1.45vcore ( 1.425 bios, my board over volts a bit) and running @ 2.6

I'm wondering if i could use a little higher CFM on the ninja to reduce temps more.

Damn.... The Tuniq is awesome

image005.png

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/tuniq-tower120_8.html

EQTakeOffense said:
yeah, im getting the tuniq over the zalman 9500 I THINK. It just looks like there may be some problems due to the size. Will there be any problem on the dfi ultra d, antec p160w, ocz 520w powerstream, ocz 2gb gamer xtc?

Ill spend the money on the zalman, but ill get the tuniq if it wont interfere with any of my other parts.

Look interesting for sure, just weighs 100+ gs more than the ninja.

eurin said:
Idles at 14 C? That's 57 F. You either have a really cold room, or your Ninja breaks a few laws of thermodynamics.

Yeah, ambients about 55 here, and my tower is low to the floor, so its cooler down there

jbrukardt said:
Yeah, ambients about 55 here, and my tower is low to the floor, so its cooler down there
dayymmmnn. how far can you oc lol. Thats one cold room

Ive never seen temps above 30,so im certainly on the level of mid to high end water, its pretty nice.

Unfortunately im on a socket 940 platform, so no extreme OCing for me at the moment unfortunately. And i run AMD, so no heating my house with a prescott either

jbrukardt said:
Ive never seen temps above 30,so im certainly on the level of mid to high end water, its pretty nice.

Unfortunately im on a socket 940 platform, so no extreme OCing for me at the moment unfortunately. And i run AMD, so no heating my house with a prescott either
haha, you should see/hear/feel my bro's p4 on his lappy. I start sweating in my room when its on, literally.

Ill spend the money on the zalman, but ill get the tuniq if it wont interfere with any of my other parts.

Not sure. I'd say take some cardboard and make a box the same dimensions of that Tuniq. That's what I'm gonna do. I'm in the process of building a new rig. Defintely in the same boat as you: I'm gonna get the Tuniq if it will fit.

The PSU should be fine, and the RAM... If you notice, the actually like, heatsink is raise by about 5cm which should be enough to clear the RAM.

EQTakeOffense said:
The PSU should be fine, and the RAM... If you notice, the actually like, heatsink is raise by about 5cm which should be enough to clear the RAM.
yeah, saw that :D In this pic it looks like itll be ok...do yoou think?

Back