Z87 Chipset drivers...

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Hi guys,

I'm hopefully going to be doing a new build over the weekend and in the past I've always used reference drivers for everything (i.e. chipsets and GPUs).

However, I seem to be having trouble finding the Intel Z87 chipset drivers. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Alternatively, is it ok to just go with whatever Windows update grabs for them?

Hi,

It's an Asus Maximus VI Formula.

I know Asus have a driver package for this board so I do have an option, is it advisable to go with them or get the reference Intel drivers (if they exist) or just let Windows do its thing?

Use the chipset drivers from Asus' website.

They will be the latest and best advised to use.

Edit: Actually, the links I tried didn't turn up anything, so just use the driver(s) provided on the driver DVD/CD that came with the motherboard.

Last edited:
Hi Chaps,

I've got all the stuff from the Asus site already in preparation :D

Back in the day (P4 Northwood) I always used to run Intel ref. drivers for the chipset. I guess things have changed and the board manufacturer drivers are the best bet these days.

sure - im late to the party. However to protect against future googling and the spread of misinformation, NO do not get your chipset drivers from the board manufacturer. Intel will ALWAYS have the newest ones available.

The chipset drivers listed on the manufacturers site are not tweaked or special for your board in any way.

Case in point, gigabyte lists mine as september 2013 I believe whereas the version I just grabbed from intel were mid 2014 almost a full year newer.

Either way its not life or death - but if you have to choose always go to intel.

Back