Z87 Asrock extreme 4 or Gigabyte ud4h

Psulover

n00b
I read the review on extreme 4 for the z77 and notice that it is good but very thin pcb. Is this issue still present on z87 asrock extreme 4?

I also heard asrock lied in the z77 about the power phase being 12 when it is 6+2+6. Which is highly inefficient. I also heard that the asrock lied about the digital vs analog( it is found be analog).

I notice hardocp doesn't have the review on z87 UD4h but does on ud3h and ud5h. Both models had different problems....is this present on the ud4h?
I wish hardocp would do z87 asrock extreme 4 review.

Last edited:
Yea they do and they gave it a silver ;)

I have the UD4H and I like it :D

How much did you pay for it?

I read the review and the person quote it as the "best z87 motherboard" he tested so far. Yet only a silver. i expect a gold. Sure he could buy a z87 200 dollars but that 30 more dollars.

Last edited:
How much did you pay for it?

I read the review and the person quote it as the "best z87 motherboard" he tested so far. Yet only a silver. Sure he could buy a z87 200 dollars but that 30 more dollars.

I picked it up with a 4770K from Microcenter. So the board wound up being $150 with a $10 rebate.

[H] only gave it a silver because it's not a particularly polished product. While it works well and has a good feature set, it presented quirks in their review process that couldn't be overlooked. The only issue I've encountered thus far is an inability to put the UEFI screen into "hi-res" mode on my 2560x1440 display. It works fine if I drive just my 1920x1200 display.

Also, I'm not a particularly demanding user :p

I sell the Asrock Z87 extreme 4 at my shop. It is a HELL of a lot better in terms of quality than the Z77 extreme 4, and I quite liked the Z77 model. The Z87 extreme 4 is more of a premium board. I'm not a fan of gigabyte so I have no experience with their current boards.

Asrock has been updating the C2 stepping fix for USB controller on the chipset while I haven't seen any Gigabyte boards have the C2 stepping fix yet.

I like the hardware that Gigabyte has used in the Z87 series but I have read about many problems with them.

If you are on a budget and you want to go Gigabyte the Z87X-UD3H is very nice board for the money.

UD4H has the same number of VRM phases for the CPU but it has a doubler driver pushing twice the number of International Rectifier 3553 VRMs. Same set up on the CPU power VRMs as the UD5H and its seems like a great idea but I haven't seen any great over clocking stories from UD4H or the UD5H so the hardware may need some tuning to get more performance out of it. Having a doubler driver pushing 2 VRMs for each phase will probably run alot more efficient at any over clock and be cooler as well.

If you are determined to get an Asrock board in this price range I think the Asrock Z87m OC which is mATX size is a very nice pro level over clocking MB and I would get it over the xtreme4.

I have Z87 UD4H and UD3H in my private collection right now... If you are interested in them PM me.

Last edited:
I sell the Asrock Z87 extreme 4 at my shop. It is a HELL of a lot better in terms of quality than the Z77 extreme 4, and I quite liked the Z77 model. The Z87 extreme 4 is more of a premium board. I'm not a fan of gigabyte so I have no experience with their current boards.

how much are you selling it for? and how much for shipping?

Back