Z77 (Maximus V Extreme) Win10 wifi driver issues

Reality

[H]ard|Gawd
Wanted to make this thread for anybody using a Maximus V Extreme (Perhaps even the Maximus V Formula, or other Z77 Asus boards) which use the Broadcom Bluetooth+WiFi combo card, in combination with Windows 10 x64

Lately I've been getting roughly 50% of the speed I used to get prior to downloading all of the recent Windows 10 updates. And now I'm getting network related BSODs (afd.sys for example)

I wanted to make this thread for anybody having similar issues, I recently dug up a windows 10 compatible driver for this older wifi card which uses the Broadcom BCM943228HMB chip/chipset (Device Manager Hardware ID
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4359&SUBSYS_850C1043&REV_00)

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Broadcom+BCM943228HMB+

Download the first file, do a forced driver update on your Broadcom 802.11 network adapter, i.e. Browse computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of available drivers > have disk > browse to the folder you extracted the above file from.

Select the first "Model" (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter) and ignore the warning, and install.

Thought I'd give a little help to those who may down the line have similar issues with this Z77 chipset+Wifi Combo card, maybe they'll find this thread. Good luck

Back