Z77 Extreme4 16GB of Trident X F3-2133C9D and have 8GB of F3-12800CL9D

alkemyst

Limp Gawd
Would the extra 8GB be worth running with a 2600K shooting for 4.5GHz OC? I am thinking just sell it off and stick with the 16GB of faster RAM.

Thanks

Ram speed has nothing to do with cpu speed. 16gb of ram is pretty much the norm now. Faster ram will increase overall system speed tho. Just remember to get 2x8gb sticks instead of 4x4.

I've got 16gb of ram (4x4gb) and I just set XMP profile for the ram and ramp Cpu speed with multiplier/voltage. 2500K on a Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 board. getting the ram to run faster is harder with 4 sticks as apposed to 2 sticks. Puts more pressure on the IMC.

Ram speed has nothing to do with cpu speed. 16gb of ram is pretty much the norm now. Faster ram will increase overall system speed tho. Just remember to get 2x8gb sticks instead of 4x4.

I've got 16gb of ram (4x4gb) and I just set XMP profile for the ram and ramp Cpu speed with multiplier/voltage. 2500K on a Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 board. getting the ram to run faster is harder with 4 sticks as apposed to 2 sticks. Puts more pressure on the IMC.

Thanks, yeah I bought 2x8GB of the fast stuff. I had 2x4GB of the slower RAM and another 2x4GB with the same stock timings but not as OCable. I will just stick to 16GB at as close to 2133 as my board will get me.

Thanks, yeah I bought 2x8GB of the fast stuff. I had 2x4GB of the slower RAM and another 2x4GB with the same stock timings but not as OCable. I will just stick to 16GB at as close to 2133 as my board will get me.

There ya goes. Just set XMP profile in the bios and let her rip. Then you can start overclocking the chip via multi & voltage like I did with mine.

If gaming 16GB is heaps and the 2133c9 could make the cpu around 10% faster than 1600c9
If video editing 16G ram likely wont be enough and the faster ram will make jack all difference to cpu performance

Back