Z77 boards in stock at TGD right now

I was totally going to jump on a Z77 board but when I realized that intel didn't bump up the Intel controlled Sata 3 ports from 2 to 4 I passed.

extra USB3 ports and PCI-E 3.0 are decent, but not enough of a clincher for me.

I was temped on the Asus Pro board but I'm thinking of waiting for the Maximus V Gene as well.

Still sporting my q9550 which is doing well for me in general, but I've been building a HTPC and encoding blu-rays takes like 3-4hrs on my current setup.

It's been so long since I've upgraded I'm getting the shakes lol.

I was temped on the Asus Pro board but I'm thinking of waiting for the Maximus V Gene as well.

Still sporting my q9550 which is doing well for me in general, but I've been building a HTPC and encoding blu-rays takes like 3-4hrs on my current setup.

I know the feeling :D

That is quite a piece of processor your sporting there...

:D

My local Frys had some in stock last night, fwiw. Just another option if you have a frys locally and dont want to wait for shipping. I cant remember pricing though

I was totally going to jump on a Z77 board but when I realized that intel didn't bump up the Intel controlled Sata 3 ports from 2 to 4 I passed.

This right here pissed me off to a large degree. I recall leaked presentation slides for both X79 and Z77 showing 4-8 SATA III ports off the Intel controller. Still can't seem to find a worthy explanation as to why this decision was made.
:mad:

But, since I have no choices on the matter, I'm going to just wait for, and buy, Z77 + IB in about a month.

extra USB3 ports and PCI-E 3.0 are decent, but not enough of a clincher for me.

I've been saying this exact same thing for months now. Seriously Intel? Only 2 native SATA3 ports? Native USB3 and PCIE 3.0 mean diddly to me personally. I never use USB to transfer large amounts of data as ESATA kicks it's tail. And today's GPU's don't saturate the PCIE2.0 bus. But I'd sure like to put a few more speedy SSD'd in my RAID0. Absolutely no reason for me to "upgrade" from my P67 based MOBO.

That's me! Take a look at my sig for my system specs.... I just got the Seasonic PSU to start to set myself up for upgrades, before it was a corsair HX520. I'm waiting on Ivy Bridge, and hopefully I'll have enough $$ saved to be able to actually upgrade. My q9550 and other parts will probably be destined for either a HTPC or, more likely a media server once hard drive prices drop again. I've got a couple other motherboards and an Core 2 Duo e8400 laying around as well. I can't bear to throw them out. There's got to be some use for them!

Next upgrade is once of those 27" korean monitors.

Makes no sense when they are supposed to be working on RAID for TRIM. Being limited to two SATA3 ports means you can only do a two drive array. Id rather have the option to run up to at least four if they are going to offer it.

AMD has had 6 SATA3 ports for a couple years now. Dont know why Intel wont add more.

Makes no sense when they are supposed to be working on RAID for TRIM. Being limited to two SATA3 ports means you can only do a two drive array. Id rather have the option to run up to at least four if they are going to offer it.

AMD has had 6 SATA3 ports for a couple years now. Dont know why Intel wont add more.

That's unfortunate. I'd love something like 520 120gb's in RAID5. That's one thing that does irritate me about AMD boards, I wish bulldozer was a bit more competitive.

That's unfortunate. I'd love something like 520 120gb's in RAID5. That's one thing that does irritate me about AMD boards, I wish bulldozer was a bit more competitive.

Ive had 7 2500Ks so far, and a couple BDs. Obviously 2500Ks are faster, but the BD isnt so bad at all when OCed. I can run my 8120 at 4.6 daily, and if you compare that to a Thuban at 4-4.1 which is about as fast as they get daily, they are comparable in single threaded, and the BD is better in multi threaded.

Because of the rest of the system (wanting lots of PCIe slots and SATA3 ports) the BD and Sabertooth 990FX are my main gamer setup.

Back