Z690 with 6900 xt issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff G

Limp Gawd
So, I’m at a loss here and hoping someone can help me. Just built a new system with a z690 MSI Tomahawk DDR4 board, 12700k cpu, and 6900 xt GPU. Fresh windows 10, MB bios updated, all drivers updated.
GPU will not display anything on PCIE1 slot, but works fine on PCIE2 slot (PCIE1 is 5.0 x16, PCIE2 is 3.0 x4). I swapped in an old 980ti I had onto PCIE1 and it works fine so I don’t think the slot is dead.
I tried forcing PCIE1 into Gen 4 and Gen 3 in bios, no change. I’ve reseated the GPU and power cables multiple times.
I’m at a loss, any ideas?

Hmm that is very interesting….is it a brand new 6900xt? Right now with the info you’ve given me it’s hard to pin point the problem. The only thing I can think of is thaw fact that pcie1 is a full 16x and pcie2 is 4x, perhaps there is a fault on the other 12 pcie lanes on the graphics card that prevents it from outputting an image on the full 16x slot? Again this is just from working with what you gave me, any other info would help make a better diagnosis

Check the bios to see if the integrated graphics are turned off, if on it can cause some issues with PCIe lanes, some iusers have had their cards run on 8 lanes because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back