Z68X-UD4-B3 NIC died?

LucasG

Gawd
Hello,

As of yesterday night, out of nowhere, the integrated NIC of my newly purchased Z68X-UD4-B3 suddenly died. I've had to change my motherboard to an old one in order to connect to the internet.

I have no clue how this happened or why it happened. It suddently was working and then the network disappeared from the Network Connections area. I tried completely taking all the power, and the battery to reset the BIOS aswell as resetting the BIOS settings to default with no luck. A few days ago I had upgraded the BIOS to F9, but had not had any problem after the upgrade and ran just fine for a few days. Cable and modem are fine as it works correctly with my old motherboard.

I've been also having a plethora of weird sounds coming from the TWO EVGA GeForce GTX 570 video cards, one that seems like a coil whine, which only happens when stress testing: (see: http://youtu.be/3APlKIqfXVg) but also another type of sound when playing games (see: http://youtu.be/gIk8dpaEzso). Apart from expericing a weird graphical glitch with one of the cards on the windows loading screen (have not recorded it yet), which seems pretty weird.

I also experienced at one point a crash when playing with SLI on the new mobo, it seemed like the cards went too hot. (I had the case closed) and never suffered the same crash after leaving the case open with better airflow... I guess the avg of heavy loading on SLI 570's is around ~87c and needs to be well ventilated. But the crash and Windows loading screen glitch kind of worry me that one of the cards is bad, apart from the mobo, which seems like it's the case at the moment unless I can find the issue.

My really bad concern about all this is that I live in Costa Rica and to get it RMA I have to send it all back, it won't cost me money, but it'll take quiet a while, plus it seems like I might have issues not only with one part, but TWO. It's just frustrating, I'd like to make sure it's not misconfiguration or local issues and if not... start an RMA process for everything that needs to be changed...

I've had onboard NICs "die" when overclocking, and then return to working condition after return to stock speeds. However, you said you reset the CMOS so i suspect it's a faulty MB, or possibly a PSU/electrical issue that caused the MB to fail.

I don't really know about the video card noise. Have you verified that the noise isn't coming from the fans on the card? Maybe apply some pressure to the center of the fan with something that doesn't conduct electricity to see if it's a little loose(causing it to generate noise).

I don't really know about the video card noise. Have you verified that the noise isn't coming from the fans on the card? Maybe apply some pressure to the center of the fan with something that doesn't conduct electricity to see if it's a little loose(causing it to generate noise).

Yup, it's not the fans. When I got all my new parts I only had one video card. It never did any sounds or anything like that, after I ordered my second card and put SLI, it started doing all these noises. Could the mobo messed up both cards? Cause I also tested the cards on an older motherboard and the sounds happen on both. But like I said, when I first got it and used only one video card, it never happened.

I reinstalled Windows. There's no network on the device manager, it's like the motherboard did not include any network. It's definitely faulty.

Did you did any Smart Lan test under bios?
If you did, I suggest you should have to clear CMOS to get your lan chipset back on business.
I happen to tried it before and after Clear CMOS and load optimized default, the network got working and please do not use smart lan test.
If the above still won't work, I suggest you send the motherboard to RMA.

Back