Z370N WIFI wont turn back on or restart unless power cycled

I have a system built with a Z370N, running a 8700k processor and 2 HyperX fury 16gb DDR4-2400 sticks. Upon turning the computer back on after shutdown, it enters a reset loop until I unplug the power, which it will then boot normally. I notice this only happens if the RGB lights stay on after shutdown. Sometimes, but rarely, the RGB lights will turn off when shutting down (like it should?) and only then will there be no problems when turning back on. Thanks for any assistance!

try resetting the cmos. then check your bios for rgb settings. you should have options that you can play with regarding how they turn off etc.

The problem isnt the RGB not turning off, its just a sign that i wont experience the reset loop. i did reset the cmos and reflash firmware, but it doesnt fix the problem.

right, i understood your initial post. what im suggesting is to turn the rgb off as a start to troubleshooting(they should turn off when you shut down). sry if i wasnt clear. it can be much easier for us to troubleshoot if you include complete sys specs and os. along with anything you may have tried in troubleshooting so far.
if that doesnt offer any relief its time to start troubleshooting components one by one. its obviously much easier if you have back up components to test with or someone to swap with but that not always possible. do you have either? ill assume you dont for now.
i usually start by resetting the bios to stock settings to eliminate any oc issues (probably done already). pop the battery out. pull the psu cable. press the power button for a few seconds. then wait 10 or 15 minutes. reinstall battery and try to start up again.
test with 1 of your two memory modules installed in the correct slot(check mb manual if needed). then test with the 2nd module. check the mb for any burnt traces etc.
this is where having a test rig or extra components comes in handy.
check to see if your current psu smells burnt or has a strange odor.
if possible swap psu with a known good one. or test yours in a friends.
if possible swap ssd/hdd with a known good one. or test yours in a friends.
if possible swap memory with a known good module. or test yours in a friends.
if possible swap cpu with a known good one. or test yours in a friends.
if possible swap gpu with a known good one. or test yours in a friends.
now pull all non essential components and disconnect all cables except what you need to boot. you should be left with the mb, cpu and hsf, gpu, the ssd or hdd that contains the os, 1 stick of memory and the psu.
pull the mb out of the case. check the backside closely for any black or white marks or burnt traces that may indicate that its been shorting into the case. check the case mb mounting area for any burn marks. check ALL of your cables for damage especially fan cables. look specifically for any that may have pinch marks, pins pulled out, wire showing thru the casing etc...
reinstall components on a piece of card board or the mb box. i usually put the mb bag on top of the box. try starting up with only the essentials.
pull your hsf. check that the heatsink is making good contact with the cpu by making sure the tim is spread evenly on both the hs and cpu. check the mb socket for bent pins or any tim on the pins etc. check the cpu pads for any potential damage. reinstall cpu and hs unless you have a spare to test with. if it still wont boot your either going to have to take it to a pc repair shop to have it tested or start rmaing parts :(
GOOD LUCK!

Back