z370 Taichi & 8700k Advise

oMek

Gawd
Long story short, built a new system. First new system in like 6-7 years.

I am lost on how to OC these days. I am running a EVGA CLC 280 and I did delid my 8700k. Temps at stock settings are around 25c idle.

Could anyone be so kind as to give me a basic outline for an OC to try. Aiming for 5ghz if she can go that far.

Thanks in advance!

Long story short, built a new system. First new system in like 6-7 years.

I am lost on how to OC these days. I am running a EVGA CLC 280 and I did delid my 8700k. Temps at stock settings are around 25c idle.

Could anyone be so kind as to give me a basic outline for an OC to try. Aiming for 5ghz if she can go that far.

Thanks in advance!
One on the main new things is AVX instructions, they are only used in certain programs and run Hot and need more vcore. The newest p95 version uses it as well as a few others. The bios now has an AVX offset feature to lower the multiplier during avx load(you can adjust this). I chose to use the older version of p95( 26.6) to stress test normal load. Say you get your 5.0ghz and temps are 75c so your good. Then set your AVX offset to 3(runs 4.7 now in avx load) then test with the newest p95 and make sure temps are ok and that is stable also.

The other thing is adaptive/offset vcore. If you want to keep the power states that make it idle down to .8v and 800mhz at idle, you have to use this. Manual vcore won't let the vcore drop with clocks at idle.

Also may boards with default vcore overvolt to 1.3v or so instead of the 1.2v or less that they should be, good idea to check before playing with offset

Anyway, get the old 26.6 version of p95, and run it stock to see vcore. Then add offset/ play with llc to get to about 1.3+vcore and raise the multiplier to 49 and give it a go

Back