YUP..."Yet another "Wadda ya think of my proposal" Threads

PING MCS

n00b
OK folks PUHLEEZE none of that "Why wouldn't you install insert hardware model here instead, as it's a more powerful product (in a higher price range)" type questions.

If you don't mind JUST tell me if it:
a) will work
b) will work with mods
c) won't work at all
d) there is equal/better performing choice in the same or lower price range

Here we go, proposed system as follows:

Case: X-Gene HTPC (mATX...of course)
MoBo: Abit NF-M2
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad 750W (I'm thinking" Dremel time")
CPU: AMD X2 5200+ Dual Core
RAM: G.Skill 2 X 1GB DDR2-800 (on the Abit approved list)
Video Card: XFX GeForce 7950 GT Extreme
CPU Fan: Thermaltake Blue Orb II
Optical Drives: 2 X LG GSA-H22N

I invite your comments.
Thanks, in advance for your time/efforts.

Well... if you're going to use it for gaming, you might as well look at DX10 cards. No point in not buying after the architecture change over or waiting until the midrange cards come out at this point atleast for heavy gaming. You really should state what you're making this rig for, your budget, and maybe the price you have for the items.

Make sure you have enough clearance for the Blue Orb, they're huge. About 14.4 cm in diameter and maybe 6 cm high(height is a estimate, I don't have my box right now).

Intel c2d e6600 and Asrock mobo = same price but far faster and if u can wait Nvidia have new mid range cards out next month.

^ Go e4300 or e6400 + P5L-MX.

That power supply will not fit: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1119311

Case is 350mm long. The LG drives may have problems with power supplies as well. Their drives are the quietest, just a little too long for our builds! I would try a GameXstream 700w. #1 rated PSU (outside of PCP&C of course) by EOC. It will be much quieter too. Still dremel time. :cool:

X1900XT 256MB is a cheaper, faster GPU.

Why would you even need a 750watt PSU for a single 7950gt anyhoo?

As per the video card, I'm assuming you want that one because of the passive cooling? If you don't care about that, x1900xt is in that same price range, is a tiny bit faster, and ATI seems to have better software and HDTV options for now. That all may not benefit you in the least, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Back