You've got $350 & no GPU, do you get the GTX 970?

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey so I just sold both of my 670's and got $300. I've got some wiggle room there (can spend a little more than I got from the sales), I am curious before pulling the trigger on this MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G video card I am looking at (which is 6 month old tech). Would my only other alternative be to wait until 2016 when Pascal comes out?

Thanks for the help!

Oh, by the way; Have any of you ever bought a GPU off of Amazon? Its on Amazon for the same price, same Witcher 3 code and I have Amazon Prime 2 day shipping. But I have only ever bought a GPU from Newegg, and my customer service experience with them is solid. Any thoughts?

Yes...

I literally just bought the same exact card, from Amazon, also with Prime. I opted to pay $5.99 for overnight delivery though. I've had it for a few days now, no regrets.

Yes... yes you do. It's a good card. Pity about Nvidia's marketing tomfoolery, but the truth is, it's very capable, and the price is pretty decent for what you get. And I buy most of my hardware from Amazon. Nothing but good things to say about them. I don't think I've dealt with better customer service. (at least not in a retail situation)

Amazon customer's service is very good. Remember to look for the "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" to avoid 3rd party sellers, not that they're bad but I just prefer the ease of dealing directly with Amz.

Yes you get the 970 in that situation. I however have decided to make due with my 670 until Pascal. WoW is harder on my 4770k than my 670.

Hey so I just sold both of my 670's and got $300. I've got some wiggle room there (can spend a little more than I got from the sales), I am curious before pulling the trigger on this MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G video card I am looking at (which is 6 month old tech). Would my only other alternative be to wait until 2016 when Pascal comes out?

Thanks for the help!

Oh, by the way; Have any of you ever bought a GPU off of Amazon? Its on Amazon for the same price, same Witcher 3 code and I have Amazon Prime 2 day shipping. But I have only ever bought a GPU from Newegg, and my customer service experience with them is solid. Any thoughts?

No, no I don't. Doing so would pretty much day ok nvidia do what ever you want with no consequences.

I'd rather wait for amd to release their solution and either get a 980 when it drops in price, or get the AMD equivalent.

Thanks for all the advice and thoughts guys!

I ended up buying it, and buying it from Newegg because getting it from Amazon included a $30 tax (yikes).

Definitely. The 970 is a fantastic card. The price / performance of the 970 is quite similar to the 8800 back in the day imo. Plays everything at or near max at high resolution for good cost.

Obviously not 4k though.

Thanks for all the advice and thoughts guys!

I ended up buying it, and buying it from Newegg because getting it from Amazon included a $30 tax (yikes).

Enjoy! What a great card it is ! I get no tax on newegg too. Hooray newegg!

Back