YouTuber Upgrades RTX 2070 to 16GB of VRAM

Would be awesome if manufacturers started making modular GPUs where you can do drop-in replacements/upgrades of things like RAM and maybe even the GPU core itself (assuming architecture-compatible), just like RAM isn't just hard-soldered onto motherboards anymore.

Would be awesome if manufacturers started making modular GPUs where you can do drop-in replacements/upgrades of things like RAM and maybe even the GPU core itself (assuming architecture-compatible), just like RAM isn't just hard-soldered onto motherboards anymore.
Old ISA graphics adapters used to have expansion slots for RAM, and some could accept daughter cards and co-processors.

Unlikely. Jensen wants you to buy new GPU's instead of adding memory to your old GPU... and the more you buy the more you save 💡

BTW. I do not think 2070 really needs 16GB VRAM
Though idea is one of these I like a lot. Too bad in the end it didn't work.
I guess some bootrom modifications are needed. Things like memory timings and such.

Back