YouTube will put ads on non-partner videos but won’t pay the creators

More corporatism on the rise... they put the "dark" in dark cyberpunk future. :borg:

I have a Play subscription. I haven't seen a YT ad in 5 years. Except for channel sponsor things

I spend countless of hours of promoting especially newcomer producers (I even give them feedback and help with mixing & mastering, also for free) and also established producers and get nothing in return (because I have too much copyright content on my channel so cannot turn adsense on therefore, they changed policies a couple of years ago in case you had too much copyrighted stuff on the channel you became ineligible for monetization), now they want to leech money off me too.

This feels like the old Soviet Russia when even the poor farmers weren't spared by the government.

FeelsGoodMan

I recently decided to get into music production and the amount of content on YouTube from creators like you has been so incredibly helpful. It truly feels like the resources are all there and that I'm only limited by my own effort and dedication.

Reviews/tutorials/tips for any product I buy or that I'm considering, music theory lessons, best practices, etc...And it's pretty much the same for any other hobby or interest you might decide to take up. So it's not that I disagree with some of the "who still watches YouTube?" comments in this thread - I simply don't understand them.

If you'd like to post or PM your channel I'd love to check it out.

What I want in life is an ISP level adblock. Maybe on my cell provider too.
I'm pretty sure you don't. Unless of course you don't care much for privacy. For them to block ads, they need to be able to determine if it is an ad or your content. that means they will be reading way too much into what you are watching. even as of right now, they are and that's one of the reasons for VPN.

Can't wait til I root my phone and install ad blocks.
I use to download the videos and watch them later that also remove the ads on my PC.

I know im not the only one that remembers this, but didnt youtube promise no commercials? Like that was the reason people went on youtube, no stupid commercials. Oh how the past will always be missed :(

I'm pretty sure you don't. Unless of course you don't care much for privacy. For them to block ads, they need to be able to determine if it is an ad or your content. that means they will be reading way too much into what you are watching. even as of right now, they are and that's one of the reasons for VPN.
Am I more scared of an ISP thats willing to adblock, or of Facebook et al?

Back