YouTube Video Lands Man In Jail

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are dumb enough to post a video of a petty scam on YouTube, you deserve to get caught and go to jail. Technology is NOT this man’s friend.

Stealing $15 of Del Taco food for you and your buddies can land you a maximum of seven years in prison. That's what two accomplices are up against in a case where three men filmed themselves tricking Del Taco employees over the phone to give them a free meal and then posting it on YouTube.

Seriously, all that time idling there, talking on the phone, etc... why not just buy a damn taco.... aren't they cheap anyways?

I think the last thing that guy needs is more fast food. Did they ever manage to get all of him in the frame at the same time?

And, of course. OWNED, lol.

That video made my day.

What are the two nerdy high-school age white kids doing hanging around a 30 year old gang member for? Are L.A.'s gangs facing a recruiting shortage?

These guys are idiots! They deserve to be shot! What cheap bastards!
Why waste perfectly good bullets on the guys? You know, belt-tightening and all gong on these days lol. :p

That or maximize the usage and line them all up with one bullet hehe.

I'm just surprised Rialto police caught them (I live in Rialto), they are usually good for nothing.

I'm just surprised Rialto police caught them (I live in Rialto), they are usually good for nothing.

Well I suppose that the entire crime handed to them on a golden platter didn't hurt them much ;)

I'm half surprised people aren't bitching about somebody getting in trouble for doing something illegal. I would have expected more people to be claiming that the food there sucks and that people should be able to get it free as it is thus these people did nothing wrong. Damn greedy food companies wanting to charge so much for a taco when all you do is eat it.

Who would steel this "food" in the first place. They're practically giving the crap way anyhow. How colossally ignorant can you get.

I'm half surprised people aren't bitching about somebody getting in trouble for doing something illegal. I would have expected more people to be claiming that the food there sucks and that people should be able to get it free as it is thus these people did nothing wrong. Damn greedy food companies wanting to charge so much for a taco when all you do is eat it.

Well that is because we are talking about stealing tacos and not stealing music with P2P.

Remember, here and over at Ars: Stealing Music, good. Stealing Food: Bad.

Well that is because we are talking about stealing tacos and not stealing music with P2P.

Remember, here and over at Ars: Stealing Music, good. Stealing Food: Bad.

Your forgetting speeding and driving through red lights. That is also good.

That was retarded... they dont look like they need food THAT bad..

but I suppose hunger does weird things to people...

That was retarded... they dont look like they need food THAT bad..

but I suppose hunger does weird things to people...

Well they will possibly get food 3 times a day every day for 7 years now :)

I like how he says "I'm the CEO of my own company and I wanted to call the CEO of your company and set things straight". I don't know too many CEO's that would spend time on this crap. That right there would have just pissed me off to no end and I would then be out of a job after telling this guy to FO.

Well, he didn't blank out his cell phone numbers, and he friggin announced his first AND last name. Hes an idiot.

I like how he says "I'm the CEO of my own company and I wanted to call the CEO of your company and set things straight". I don't know too many CEO's that would spend time on this crap. That right there would have just pissed me off to no end and I would then be out of a job after telling this guy to FO.

That's the logic I'd use if I rec'd that call. Why would a CEO be so adamant about getting free food? Then this cholo walks in with two scrawny scum bags... c'mon people. Did they need to write S-C-A-M on their foreheads or something?

do you realize how much food fast food joints throw away at the end of the day? you could feel a whole army. the point im saying here is, it doesent cost a company anything to give food to people like these guys.

I've seen a woman try to scam a Portillo's once. Was quite interesting. Didn't stick around to see the end of it though. I had an extra-dipped combo with sweet peppers to eat. Priorities, you know. Food > stupid people

If these people go to jail, I hope you all enjoy paying the ~$150 a day ($50k per year for each prisoner I think I've heard) it costs for one person per day. Really worth it when exactly zero violence has occured. I say just fine all three of them around $500 each.

I actually knew someone who did this regularly, she was(probably still is) a fat, disgusting waste of oxygen. A loser and a piece of shit. Also a drug addict. A filthy wore who would sleep with anything. These people don't, in my opinion, shouldn't go to jail. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THEIR FOOD EITHER!!!!

God... I hate people. I hate you all.

I actually knew someone who did this regularly, she was(probably still is) a fat, disgusting waste of oxygen. A loser and a piece of shit. Also a drug addict. A filthy wore who would sleep with anything. These people don't, in my opinion, shouldn't go to jail. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THEIR FOOD EITHER!!!!

Same.. maybe we know the same person? She'd go into a McD's, said she was there for lunch yesterday and they forgot her fries. BAM! Free fries. Only the person I'm "acquainted" with is in jail right now for crystal meth possession.

God... I hate people. I hate you all.

Ditto! ;)

If these people go to jail, I hope you all enjoy paying the ~$150 a day ($50k per year for each prisoner I think I've heard) it costs for one person per day. Really worth it when exactly zero violence has occured. I say just fine all three of them around $500 each.

Yeah really. Don't they need the prison space more for people like rapists and murderers?

so these guys go to jail for the manager being a moron? Don't they keep a backup of their sales? Certainly they can simply look to it, and all the god damn information he was getting sounded a bit suspicious. Yeah we got food for lunch... and sure I'd like to pick up up now at night... oh yeah I have samonella but probably not from you.... *sigh*

well i am rather admittedly anti big corporation and have a robin hood mentality this is just dumb.

The thing is they are just doing it to be dumb... If they were homeless and starving i have always maintained that you could walk into a grocery store and eat plenty to fill you up then leave. I don't condemn that... These people obviously didn't need the food. If you are going to steal something you don't need...I mean make it good, go steal some ill begotten diamonds, or jewelry or from the house of federal reserve executives...

if you are going to steal or rip off a corporation, make it a shady one or at the very least steal something worth it and in a Lupin (the book or the anime, same principle) like fashion....and never ever ever ever record yourself doing it...recount your tale verbally with people you trust, broadcasting just screams..."look at me!!! i'm a jackass!"

Bottom line...these dudes are just dumb

so these guys go to jail for the manager being a moron? Don't they keep a backup of their sales? Certainly they can simply look to it, and all the god damn information he was getting sounded a bit suspicious. Yeah we got food for lunch... and sure I'd like to pick up up now at night... oh yeah I have samonella but probably not from you.... *sigh*

I find it funny that this idiot actually put THAT much effort into it. Last time they McD/TacoBell/Etc screwed up my order I just called and told them before I went and bought food next time. Took all of 30 seconds. Salmonella? wtf? What the hell was the point of that? I like the part where he says "it could have made my Salmonella worse". Does he actually inhale food that fast that he could eat multiple tacos before realizing something he doesn't like is on there? Why the hell would someone with food poisoning be eating fast food? etc. These places seriously need unions. When I was younger we didn't give a shit what the customer whined about, we just did whatever was easiest, which in this case would tell the customer too bad and move on.

yeah the whales got blubber to fall back on, what does he need $15 of free food for?

Stupid is as stupid does and there is almost nothing more worse than a thief.

I don't disagree these guys are retards, 7 years?.......this is asinine.

Next we should start executing people who litter, legal action in this country is getting fucking ridiculous. It's a waste of the courts time, the police officers time, etc. Fine them and let them go.

I do believe if we had a system where people received a punishment that was reasonable to the crime our country wouldn't have a problem with incarceration. But then again we wouldn't have an excuse to start to privatize prisons and let government officials take kickbacks. My bad.

It's out of hand when people have to serve years in jail for harmless crimes like this. Yes he's dumb, fine him and move on.

Back