YouTube Tags Conspiracy Theory Videos With Fact-Check Links to Halt Misinformation

1984 appears to have been more of a future documentary than a work of fiction.

Page 5 ownage.

You're welcome to start a site that fact checks the fact checkers. I'm tired of listening to the attacks on reality... history whitewashed, science denied. There's got to be some kind of accountability somewhere. Remember. Youtube is a private company, not governed by "freedom of speech" as it would be if it were a public space or government institution. Why should they want to support often hurtful or destructive videos? I'm sick of living in a country where speech that would be considered harassment and intimidation if directed towards an individual, for example, is considered "ok" because it targets a group. Sure, it's legal, but it's hurtful and shouldn't be legal. Stop trying to force lies onto youtube. If you don't believe the fact check, then disprove it and move on.
https://hardforum.com/threads/youtu...misinformation.1966070/page-4#post-1043782235

I was just establishing that it is a public forum in the view of the courts. The fact that it can have TOS is not relevant to the principled position that public forums should not be held accountable for the content.

Well...it's not a "public forum" insomuch as the requirement under the 1st to allow all content, which is what was being discussed. In fact, the ruling was that Twitter has the right under the 1st to basically curate content as they see fit.

Yes, when it's being used as a public forum by a government official. Not when it's being used by WeedBonerHitler1488 to post anime pillow reviews.

"The court says the parties apparently agree that Twitter is a public forum for anti-SLAPP purposes and Twitter’s control of its platform is an issue of public interest. "

"The court says the parties apparently agree that Twitter is a public forum for anti-SLAPP purposes and Twitter’s control of its platform is an issue of public interest. "

"the interactive space for replies and retweets created by each tweet sent by the @realDonaldTrump account” should be considered a “designated public forum” where the protections of the First Amendment apply. This ruling is limited to the @realDonaldTrump Twitter account"

"the interactive space for replies and retweets created by each tweet sent by the @realDonaldTrump account” should be considered a “designated public forum” where the protections of the First Amendment apply. This ruling is limited to the @realDonaldTrump Twitter account"

i wasn't addressing your point of what the courts ruled concerning Donald trump. i was just pointing out that the court does see Twitter as a public forum with respect to anti-SLAPP purposes.

Note:
-My argument is that if the "Forum" is responsible for editing for content they should also be liable.
-I was arguing for what the law should be and not what it is. This is a forum and not a courtroom. I think we should change the law/regulation/constitution to reflect the policy I have outlined.

Twitter should be fair game for SLAPP if Twitter claims the right to censors content.
If Twitter is imune from SLAPP they should not be able to censor content (outside of illegal content)

Back