YouTube has 1.5 billion Monthly Users Logged on Google Accounts

monkeymagick

[H]News
YouTube was kind enough to share some new metrics at this years VidCon. About 1.5 billion users have logged onto YouTube monthly using a Google account, that's well over China's population of 1.371 billion from 2015 stats with India trailing at 1.311 billion. Mobile users that are currently on the video site are spending an average of 1 hour per day, that's a lot of time wasted watching cat videos at work or on the can.

"When we compare that [metric] to TV, people - in some countries like the U.S. - watch up to four hours per day, so we think there’s lots of room to get people to watch even more YouTube," CEO Susan Wojcicki said onstage.

I mainly chose google music because it comes with youtube red. Not seeing ads has greatly increased my time watching youtube. I barely watched tv before anyway, but now it it is cutting into my gaming time as well. There is a lot of good content on there and more comes everyday.

YouTube was never anything more to me than a place to watch the odd music-video from 1980-whatever.......and then I hung out one night, and six hours later I felt like I'd joined mensa with all the questionable-knowledge I'd acquired.....everything from Buck Transformers to the right way to cast when fly fishing to watching about 2000 coyote's and squirrels meet their maker...Tech Moan....CycleCruza's Bug-Out Van...I'd rather watch 15 minutes of those guys than the 15 minutes of TV show that takes place in a 1/2 hour of real "TV" (adding up commercials, 15 min feels about right)..........and holy crap now I know what is inside a Lithium Ion Cell...and that when you open one up, hey, they can spontaneously combust. THIS is TV worth watching.

YouTube was never anything more to me than a place to watch the odd music-video from 1980-whatever.......and then I hung out one night, and six hours later I felt like I'd joined mensa with all the questionable-knowledge I'd acquired.....everything from Buck Transformers to the right way to cast when fly fishing to watching about 2000 coyote's and squirrels meet their maker...Tech Moan....CycleCruza's Bug-Out Van...I'd rather watch 15 minutes of those guys than the 15 minutes of TV show that takes place in a 1/2 hour of real "TV" (adding up commercials, 15 min feels about right)..........and holy crap now I know what is inside a Lithium Ion Cell...and that when you open one up, hey, they can spontaneously combust. THIS is TV worth watching.

God bless Today I Found Out channel and all these kinds of channels for filling me from useless trivia to interesting little known details in history and in general how things work.
Youtube has replaced TV for me, I even haven't had the cable plugged in ever since I rearranged my room.

God bless Today I Found Out channel and all these kinds of channels for filling me from useless trivia to interesting little known details in history and in general how things work.
Youtube has replaced TV for me, I even haven't had the cable plugged in ever since I rearranged my room.

Today I Found Out. Another one, great channel....its the ultimate Non Sequitur addiction for me now, I've made the mistake of checking it out 'right before bed' and......well you know where that goes. Bed? Bed is for Suckers. Knowledge is Power....bleary-eyed, 2 hours of sleep if you're lucky Power.

Today I Found Out. Another one, great channel....its the ultimate Non Sequitur addiction for me now, I've made the mistake of checking it out 'right before bed' and......well you know where that goes. Bed? Bed is for Suckers. Knowledge is Power....bleary-eyed, 2 hours of sleep if you're lucky Power.

I know what you mean. After "a little" binge watching I look and feel like Jim Carrey's Riddler at the end of Batman Forever...

Oh, and I'll check the channel out. Cannot have too much power after all. :p

Youtube is a wealth of information. For every useless bunch of cat videos, there's channels like smarter every day, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6107grRI4m0o2-emgoDnAA
and all the channels that hold historicaly documentaries (which actually make learning history interesting), tech sites electronic, hardware and software, product review sites, basically information of all kinds.
Anything you want to fix? Someone else has done it before, and probably made a video of how to do it. And many link to sites where you can get the parts and tools necessary to do the job.
A new favorite, AvE's tool review site https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil done by an engineer who takes them apart so we can see what makes them tick (or whine or whirrrrrr, etc).
When I first discoved youtube, I thought that nobody would want to watch what were basically someone else's home movies. I had no idea of what it would become.

Regular TV is damn near worthless to me now. I only watch it on some one elses dime. I refuse to pay for what essentially nothing but commercials.

Mobile users that are currently on the video site are spending an average of 1 hour per day, that's a lot of time wasted watching cat videos at work or on the can.

"When we compare that [metric] to TV, people - in some countries like the U.S. - watch up to four hours per day, so we think there’s lots of room to get people to watch even more YouTube," CEO Susan Wojcicki said onstage.

USA #1!!!! :cool:

I love YouTube, I watch it a hell of a lot more than regular TV and I just cut my cable TV out. Probably will use Sling TV + HD antenna. I only hope they don't start charging for regular YouTube service.

You tube is awesome. Ultra rare music, video, everything. If you can't find something on YouTube that interests you then you are one sorry ass boring person with zero interests! Lol

Back