YouTube Creates a Gaming Destination Page and Retires Gaming App

cageymaru

Fully [H]
YouTube has finally done away with the awful YouTube Gaming app and has given the gaming category its own destination page. Youtube/gaming will be the home of live-streams for gaming in the future. Someone finally listened to feedback and placed the gaming live-streams at the top of the page instead of mixing them in with years old videos. Now if we can just get the regular live-streams from creators that we are subscribed to placed at the top of the main YouTube page I would jump for joy.

Today, we're launching a new Gaming destination to give gamers a home on YouTube! You can find the new YouTube Gaming destination at youtube.com/gaming.

The app direction @ Google is a disaster, how can a company with so much talent be lacking it in management?

The app direction @ Google is a disaster, how can a company with so much talent be lacking it in management?

Google is run by a bunch of very talented software engineers who think they know everything, including what the users want better than the users themselves do.

So, they keep pushing changes no one wants, because they are convinced they know better.

They would do well to have some non-software engineers actually interact with their market, and give direction to the software people.

Google is run by a bunch of very talented software engineers who think they know everything, including what the users want better than the users themselves do.

So, they keep pushing changes no one wants, because they are convinced they know better.

They would do well to have some non-software engineers actually interact with their market, and give direction to the software people.
In a way I'll give them more credit than that level of cluelessness and arrogance: I think they just need to justify their paychecks. If they're not constantly adding or changing shit, then what does Google need them for?

In a way I'll give them more credit than that level of cluelessness and arrogance: I think they just need to justify their paychecks. If they're not constantly adding or changing shit, then what does Google need them for?

Well, I've actually worked with people like this.

Where most people, the more they learn, the more they realize how much they don't know, these people are different.

They are so used to being "experts" and "right" within their one narrow field, that they slowly cease to have a grasp on what they are experts at, and what they aren't.

Most often it seems to happen with top software engineers and top medical doctor's, though no engineering discipline seems conpletely imnune.

Back