[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

I ended up making a hd tray this weekend for the 4 drives. Would like to swap out all the fans for some really quiet ones. Any recommendations out there. I'll add a pic of the tray when I get a chance. Not the most elegant mod, but didn't want my server down much longer.

If you have the time, would you be able to post pics with the H60 installed?

Oh right I forgot and I should have taken photos when I switched over to a 2600k. If you want photos with anything removed, you're going to have to wait until I get a Z77 board. I also may switch over to the FT03 mini, but I'm still not sure. I like the idea of cases that use bottom to top cooling (more dust proof) and given that I used to own an FT02 (favorite case ever), I have a feeling I'll probably switch. Anyway, here you go :)

20120423141233.jpg

20120423141301.jpg

Oh right I forgot and I should have taken photos when I switched over to a 2600k. If you want photos with anything removed, you're going to have to wait until I get a Z77 board. I also may switch over to the FT03 mini, but I'm still not sure. I like the idea of cases that use bottom to top cooling (more dust proof) and given that I used to own an FT02 (favorite case ever), I have a feeling I'll probably switch. Anyway, here you go :)

20120423141233.jpg

20120423141301.jpg

Thanks man, I'm thinking of moving my rig into a smaller case, and I have a 2500k and an Antec Kuhler 620, so wanted to see how something like it would fit. I'm thinking the Asus or the ASRock Z77, but still kind of skeptical on the ASRock because of their Z68 boards. I'll wait for some revies before I try anything.

i have a sugo 05 psu for sale if anyone is looking for one. wiring is slightly modified.

I just got a SUGO SG05 as well for my nephew, love the looks of the case.

Sorry for being lazy, but can someone please tell me what low noise CPU coolers fit in the case for a new socket 1155 Ivy Bridge build?

Thanks in advance.

I just got a SUGO SG05 as well for my nephew, love the looks of the case.

Sorry for being lazy, but can someone please tell me what low noise CPU coolers fit in the case for a new socket 1155 Ivy Bridge build?

Thanks in advance.

You haven't read this thread? Shame on you! j/k :D
Seriously though you should read the thread for details.

It will depend on the mobo but people been putting in The Samuel 17, APX140, H60, etc.,

Seeing the gtx 690 i can't help my self from entering a state of SG05 Utopia :D

First of all, the 690 exausts in both directions. its 11" or 28cm so modding the case it could blow out both rear and front. i have seen a mod like thet in this tread with anotter card.

Problem is that the psu needs to be atx. so a gold/platinium with SHORT cables are need. this psu could sit upon the new Noctua Noctua NH-L12 that can take an 120mm fan underneath the sink. having the fan in Pull config ity can blow upwards into the psu and out back. but since the card "only" pulls 274W at peak during gaming.... who knows the 450W might hold?? @ high resolution it allso the most efficient card on the plannet preformance/watt....

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_690/29.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_690/26.html

So all I need is 1000 usd :cool:

WANTED :)

So I finally put together my system last night after the Z77E-ITX arrived. Holy hell, I wish I had known to install the video card first thing first after the board. The 680 is too long to be able to fit through the side and as a result needs to be dropped in from the top, at an angle, with the front fan removed. Just about any RAM or CPU cooler will also block the card from being installed.

I'm already dreading my next video card upgrade couple years down the line.

Regardless, I'm amazed just how small a system this powerful can be.

Has anyone thought about standing the case up on its front for a ghetto FT03-mini? :D

So I finally put together my system last night after the Z77E-ITX arrived. Holy hell, I wish I had known to install the video card first thing first after the board. The 680 is too long to be able to fit through the side and as a result needs to be dropped in from the top, at an angle, with the front fan removed. Just about any RAM or CPU cooler will also block the card from being installed.

I'm already dreading my next video card upgrade couple years down the line.

Regardless, I'm amazed just how small a system this powerful can be.

Has anyone thought about standing the case up on its front for a ghetto FT03-mini? :D

How'd it go trying to fit the 3.5" in the USB3 case?

Haven't really tried. Currently I'm only running the default layout with a drive each in the built-in 2.5" and 3.5" trays and (gasp) stock HSF.

Haven't really tried. Currently I'm only running the default layout with a drive each in the built-in 2.5" and 3.5" trays and (gasp) stock HSF.

Ah, alright. Post pics if you give it a shot!

How do you guys keep cables tidy in this case? I just can't get it right, it looks an absolute mess and it's doing my head in! :p

I looked into this a fit further, and swapped in the H60 too while I'm at it. I'm pretty much ready to just ditch the idea of having an internal optical drive.

Good news is that the hanging location can still fit certain 3.5" drives, if they have a cut out along lower front edge. However, at least with the Asrock Z77 board, given the USB3 header's location and the size of the USB3 header connector, you can pretty much kiss front USB3 goodbye if you're determined to have a drive hanging there.

I looked into this a fit further, and swapped in the H60 too while I'm at it. I'm pretty much ready to just ditch the idea of having an internal optical drive.

Good news is that the hanging location can still fit certain 3.5" drives, if they have a cut out along lower front edge. However, at least with the Asrock Z77 board, given the USB3 header's location and the size of the USB3 header connector, you can pretty much kiss front USB3 goodbye if you're determined to have a drive hanging there.

Good to know. By looking at pictures, the Asus's USB3 header is in a better location, but for $50 more, and according to MissJ, very little performance increase, is it really worth it? I'm thinking yes, simply because its not that big of a deal to me, and I like Asus more, lol. Still though, the ASRock does seem very good as well.

Good to know. By looking at pictures, the Asus's USB3 header is in a better location, but for $50 more, and according to MissJ, very little performance increase, is it really worth it? I'm thinking yes, simply because its not that big of a deal to me, and I like Asus more, lol. Still though, the ASRock does seem very good as well.

I think both boards are great, and you can't go wrong with either. This is certainly a better situation than getting Zotac'd :D

So anyway, I got some pics that describes the problem with trying to hang a 3.5" drive on the top right rail. I got pretty close, but in the end, since it's not possible to put the cover on, it's pretty much a failure.

Here you can see how the drive bumps up against the front panel audio connector:

Here you can see how the drive prevents the front USB 3.0 connector from plugging into the header:

This is my final build (for now). I ended up zip-tying the drive to the PSU, hah.

Yes, it's really not worth the extra $50 unless you like Asus more or really like the daughterboard lol. I'll take 15 second boot ups over more eyecandy that doesn't do too much. It's out of my case and I'm back to the Asrock and 2600K sitting @ 4.5Ghz (1.264v) <~~~ I really should be happy with this, but I have another 3570K on the way :p

From this
22222eo.jpg

Back to this
20120504220539.jpg

I suppose it's down to FT03-Mini vs SG05 for me now... the FT03 would be less of a hassle with the drives, but the SG05 is much smaller.

I suppose it's down to FT03-Mini vs SG05 for me now... the FT03 would be less of a hassle with the drives, but the SG05 is much smaller.

How many drives do you need and what sizes? Two x 2.5 is easy in either case.

How many drives do you need and what sizes? Two x 2.5 is easy in either case.

A 3.5 and a 2.5. Not really sure if I'd be up to ghetto zip-tying it to the PSU, but I might be able to make screw holes in the PSU cover and screw it in that way.

Sorry I haven't read through this entire thread but with the asrock z77 board what would be an ideal cpu cooler (one that fits)? I don't want to lose my slim drive or remove any of the mounting brackets so I'm not sure what will fit.

This case is freaking tiny! I just got mine today and am surprised at how small it is. I am really liking it. The pictures don't do it justice at how small it is.

Is there any build logs with the SG05 squeezing a gtx 480 in this? I'd like to see the modding involved. Been looking but see nothing. Thanks.

Is there any build logs with the SG05 squeezing a gtx 480 in this? I'd like to see the modding involved. Been looking but see nothing. Thanks.

There are two issues with a gtx 480 and this case:

1. You would need to get a new power supply to support such a beast. This would necessitate modding the case to allow for a full ATX supply.
2. It is longer than what the case can fit. You'll again need to mod your case to fit the length of this card.

SG05, Corsair H50 mounted sideways with tubes coming out near the front-panel connectors PCB. Radiator is mounted to the case and the fan is behind that

I can see some of the longer video cards just barely clear the radiator with the tubes coming out the top. It would surely hit the radiator if they were mounted like mine.

My question is would a GTX560 (non-Ti) hit the side of the radiator? Or is it short enough?

For those with an AXP-140 and fan, do you have it set up so that the fan is blowing up into the PSU or the PSU facing up and the fan facing down?

It says:
"A sneak peak at the upcoming SFX PSU from SilverStone..."

Link

Also, got no time for reviewing all 74 pages of this post:

Anyone knows where to find (preferably in europe) a front USB 3.0 replacement for this baby?

Last edited:
Back