[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

Pictures from almost a month ago. I finally had some time to upload the pictures.

Sg05
GA-H55N-USB3
I7 860
H70
WD 500GB 5400rpm
HD 5770 Vapor-X
Mushkin 4gb 1333MHz

205bhvp.jpg

rurymq.jpg

I hope you like it

Last edited:
Jeez man can you not edit your post and put downsized pix instead. This is a pain.

Edit: Thx for doing just that napsteir. It is a lot easier now. Cheers.

Last edited:
What about the HD6870? I'm trying to figure out if one will fit with an H5O in the front.

I reckon I have about 260mm real estate to work with, the H5O eats about 25mm leaving 245mm or 9.6" for a graphics card.

I can't seem to nail down exactly how long the HD6870 is though, some places claim 9.5" (woot) whilst some say 10.5" for the same brand. :confused:

I would if I was in the US! :) I don't go on Newegg so I didn't know the comments were there. Thanks.

I would if I was in the US! :) I don't go on Newegg so I didn't know the comments were there. Thanks.

Newegg is a great place for user reviews. often i find 10 reviews there before cards even come to norway :)

BUT, I have to say. Sapphire HD6850, is awsome. greates gard ive ever had out of the box. totaly quite and only 22cm :D

Wow, I just put together the new SG05 with the ST45SF and I have to say...what a pain in the ass!

I've worked with Shuttles before, but that was when video cards didn't require any 6-pin connectors, forget two of them!

I shoehorned into here:

i5-760
Samuel 17 w/Air Penetrator
Front Intake - Air Penetrator
OCZ Vertex 120GB
MSI Hawk 1GB GTX 460
8GB Mushkin Enhanced DDR3
Gigabyte H55N

(Used a Sony external slim to do installations)

The video card is just under 9.5" long -- this meant that I had to remove both the front fan as well as the drive tray in order to install the card, because my fingers did not have enough room to manuever in the power plug. I also installed the SSD the wrong way -- if I'm feeling good I'll go in there and reinstall it so that the SATA/power cables can reach it easily.

I'm barely clearing my silverstone CPU fan....the cables ran nearly on top of it :(

Window & UV cold cathode kit mod I did to the SG05. Lot more pics in the mod log forum if your bored. Only thing I have left to do now is get an H50 and I'll be done for a while.. maybe a 6870 also :)

sided.jpg

angler.jpg

frontnb.jpg

Nice, I really like the window cathode effect. You change the front fan LED to blue, would look better IMO.

I got one of these cases the other day after seeing all the cool builds in this thread but it's my first time building a PC so I'm going to ask a stupid question. The case didn't come with any mother board screws will any fit the case or do i need special one, I've got a Gigabyte H55N-USB3 board if that's any help. Thanks

I got one of these cases the other day after seeing all the cool builds in this thread but it's my first time building a PC so I'm going to ask a stupid question. The case didn't come with any mother board screws will any fit the case or do i need special one, I've got a Gigabyte H55N-USB3 board if that's any help. Thanks
I can't remember if the screws came with the motherboard or the case, but regardless... I have the same case and MB as you and didn't need to buy any extra hardware.

Thanks for the replies i didn't get any with my case so will have to search for some

Anyone know if Asus's 6850 will fit in the SG05? It uses the longer 10.25 board but it has the 6 pin facing up.

I have just put a Gigabyte 6850 in mine. It fits without mod with a little bit of space to spare, but putting it in is a PITA. I'll post a pic later.

I have just put a Gigabyte 6850 in mine. It fits without mod with a little bit of space to spare, but putting it in is a PITA. I'll post a pic later.

Hey NichoTL, was it this card?
sy-56583.jpg

I thought it'd fit but the shroud looks rather large.

Hey NichoTL, was it this card?

I thought it'd fit but the shroud looks rather large.

Yeah that's the one. Standard thickness but the shroud overhangs something like 2cm (eyeballing it) and pipes also (maybe 0.5cm). I said it was a pain because I didn't want to uninstall the rest of the build prior to fitting it in, and the bulk of the PSU cable are jammed against the card. All in all, a bit finicky. But I guess if you remove the drive trays and maybe also the PSU, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm just a bit lazy that's all. I'll probably have to refit everything once I get a new CPU cooler in a few weeks, then I'll take time to rethink cable management and such (maybe flip the PSU). Some people have fitted larger cards than this in the SG05...

I tried to put my GTX 580 into the SG05 HTPC
but i just couldn't

today i bought a 6870 and it fit the sg05 really good!!!

give me 10 min. , i will turn off the computer and take some picture for you..
but to install that card, i had to remove the fan , the power supply, the drive tray.
by the way , i changed the PSU to the 450w version..

Last edited:
My mighty 6870!!!, it fit into the SG-05 really good.
and when the case is closed, it doesn;t block the fan on the 6870 at all
I could pick the GTX470( the local store was having a sale, but the GTX470 just use too much power and release too much heat, the 6870 is just the perfect card for this case!!

Last edited:
My mighty 6870!!!, it fit into the SG-05 really good.
and when the case is closed, it doesn;t block the fan on the 6870 at all
I could pick the GTX470( the local store was having a sale, but the GTX470 just use too much power and release too much heat, the 6870 is just the perfect card for this case!!

Thanks! That helps a lot.

I tried to put my GTX 580 into the SG05 HTPC
but i just couldn't

To fit the GTX 580 a mod is needed. but it should be ok with psu. same length 26,7 cm as all the latest nvidiads car

index.php

The EVGA GTX460 FTW edition fits into the case very easily. In fact, mine's in with an H7O, and still has room to fit the optical drive! (Although i've had to mount the HDD under the rad with double sided pads and dremel the bracket a bit)

It comes with 850/1700/4000 clocks out of the box, meaning that it benches pretty much on par with an HD5870, but it's a hell of a lot shorter.

I honestly can't think of a better card to go in this case for the length.

I think the 6870 is better then GTX460
6870 is just around 7% slower then 5870
and that can be fixed by overclock alittle bit.
and the biggest advantage is... eyefinity by itself.
I was thinking about getting the GTX470 instead of the 6870 but the heat and the lack of eyefinity/surround gaming turned me off completely.

I will never build a rig with out the ability of that.

Hi There

I Updated my sg05 with an AMD 6870.

Here some pictures

02122010494.jpg

02122010495.jpg

PS: Tute, could you post some pics on how u managed to fit the h70 and the ODD?

Nice build. I too am interested how you fitted some of the other components as well.

Back