[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

How noisy that default PSU is? If system is something high-end like Q9550 + 5850, how noisy it is at idle/full load? Anywhere near silent/inaudible, like Nexus Value 430? Besides fan noise, is there ANY electronic/high-pitch whine or buzzing?

How noisy that default PSU is? If system is something high-end like Q9550 + 5850, how noisy it is at idle/full load? Anywhere near silent/inaudible, like Nexus Value 430? Besides fan noise, is there ANY electronic/high-pitch whine or buzzing?

For idle, it is not that noisy at all. I hardly hear anything when the system was powered on. While I am gaming, I can not hear PSU over my speakers so it is not that loud. However, after gaming the noise ia a bit louder. It isn't loud per say, but it has a noticeable increase in noise. It is that hum from an 80mm fan. The noise goes away after the PSU cooled down. This is my experience with the sugo sg-06 psu.

Also, my fan is on the topside so it draws fresh air from outside of the case rather than next to the heatsink. I had the fan initially facing downwards drawing air from the CPU's heatsink. This caused a lot of turbulence noise from my nexus low 7000. I flipped the PSU and the noise level dropped dramatically.

Only time I have electrical noise is when I would use Prime95 to stress my CPU for temps. It is coming from the motherboard, not the PSU.

System is: q9650 and radeon 5770.

It's pretty quiet unless you are very close, it does get louder once gaming but the GPU is louder anyway :D it gets quiet again after cool down.

Here is my rig, overall it was a pain to build because everything is smaller. Temps are good for stock clocks except for the video card which is factory OC'ed. The CPU temp is around 39/52 for idle/gaming.
IMG_1333.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

032.jpg

here is the special SATA adapter needed for slim drives
033.jpg

I am using a scythe slim fan, since a stock 120x25mm fan is too thick and causes problems.
031.jpg

Some pics - the SATA cables are only tempoary while I try and find some nice 20cm UV Green cables (that don't seem to exist anywhere right now!)

The yellow and black unsleeved wires you can just about see are the power connector for a graphics card (that I can't afford yet) and until I fit it I'm leaving it as is.

I removed the molex chain but left the ends inside the PSU ready to be connected / converted to whatever I need.

Still to do: Buy a graphics card, fit an optical drive - I'll be using an antec caddy striped down and installed in the usual place so that I can run it off a spare USB port (I also want to stealth is completely so that it looks as though it isn't there form the outside.

Also thinking about a few UV Leds to light the interior...

Oh and I've accidentally installed the front fan backwards - arse!

DSCF0452.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

@ strikeout : nice rig you got there man, are you having problems using that 5850 with the i5? i just want to confirm since i need to upgrade my aging video card, i also have the i5 750

For those of you whos playing arround with the HD5850, u really should undervolt the cpu. its all about the 12V. as an example, by undevolting my E8600 from 1,22V to 1,1V i save 25W, this is pure and clean 12V thats neede for the videocard. so u get 2 bonuses, 25W less heat and a more stable 12V for gpu.

A i5 750 on the DFI board should go down to 1,05V saving more than 25W.

@ strikeout : nice rig you got there man, are you having problems using that 5850 with the i5? i just want to confirm since i need to upgrade my aging video card, i also have the i5 750
I have yet to hear a legitimate problem using the 5850 on the stock PSU in the SG05. For those really concerned just get the new 450w PSU when it comes out. I'll have an update on this next week either on Twitter (if a small update) or on sffclub.com.

I'm loving that green!

I can't run my i5 750 (@ 150BCLK of course) at lower than 1.18V

Still, I'm using a GTS250 so no big deal.

@Katch

Nice sleeving, I have a similar build with the GeminII

Here is my rig, overall it was a pain to build because everything is smaller. Temps are good for stock clocks except for the video card which is factory OC'ed. The CPU temp is around 39/52 for idle/gaming.

Where did you get that SATA adapter? Is the drive sata or ATAPI? I have a slim drive I'd love to use but haven't found a good adapter.

Ok, I finished my build. Did some re-wiring. Not to pretty and sleeved, but fine none the less.

Sorry for blur in pics.

Computer010.jpg

Computer007.jpg

Computer011.jpg

Computer005.jpg

Computer004.jpg

Thats a Saphire 5850 in there. I will give undervolting a spin to see what I can do. So far no issues!

Edit: Why yes, that -is- a pile of Shuttle units in the background. I have 6 of them awaiting rebuild.

Last edited:
Here's my Zotac 9300 setup before, I don't have pics of my DFI MI build yet, gonna get a camera of my own first, the one I used here isn't mine >_<

DSC00673-1.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00677-1.jpg

DSC00666-1.jpg

no problems at all. Its even factory overclocked so it pulls in a little more juice too.

I removed the stock ODD-HDD bay since I don't use any internal ODDs, instead I fabricated myself an acrylic bracket for my Momentus HDD

Hello, MSI's 5870 Lightning looks like it'd fit this case like a charm

The PCB's a little shorter than reference, coming in at 258mm, but measures 116mm in height, compared to 98mm of most other HD 5870s.
IMG_3110-big.jpg

Downside is that it requires 2x8pin power plug things
Steeeve, will this work with the upcoming 450w PSU?

Source: Hexus.net

I took all HP components out of HP slimline case and put it into SG05 case, Because I can find a cheap high ended mATX power supply and able upgradeable high ended GPU card instead of low profile crappy card, and expensive PSU..

img3828x720c.jpg

img3836x720.jpg

img3881x720.jpg

img3895x720.jpg

img3904x720.jpg

I dont finish to build the HP SGx-CUBE yet, but I will update the post soon.. :D

Seeing all these Sugo SG05 builds makes me want to do another Midget Rig build of my own. I sold my old one to a friend after I got a laptop to replace it as my mobile gaming rig. I sure do miss the cute little box that could max out everything I threw at it... :(

After all the trouble I went through to cram a 350w Seasonic power supply into this thing, Silverstone turns around an announces a 450w power supply designed just for this case... :mad:

Anyways, specs are still in the sig if anyone is curious. I posted a build topic on this thing a while ago. I figured I'd pop a few pics into this thread for those that are working on SG05 builds right now.

The gtx 460 is rumored to be same length as the gtx 260....... 26,7 cm

so its a go for the sg05, just need a psu :)

Hello, MSI's 5870 Lightning looks like it'd fit this case like a charm

Downside is that it requires 2x8pin power plug things
Steeeve, will this work with the upcoming 450w PSU?

From techPowerUp review:
MSI has chosen to use two 8-pin power connectors on their card. One of them always has to be connected to an 8-pin, the second one will work with either a 6-pin or 8-pin cable. To do serious overclocking, MSI recommends that you use two 8-pin power cables for optimum power delivery.

And on sffclub ST45SF page the connectors list says 450W PSU has PCI-E 6+2P and
PCI-E 6P connectors, it should work OK.

Woohoo!

Looks like Corsair might not be going into my next Sugo box. Check this out:
http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?type=content&img=3189_09_full.jpg
The new Domino ECO cooling unit. Never did like the company that much as their earlier offerings were junk.

Look at this though! PIVOTING barbs on the CPU block / pump and SWIVEL barbs on the radiator! I'm in love! should be much much easier to shoe-horn this cooler in a tiny case!

Woohoo!

Looks like Corsair might not be going into my next Sugo box. Check this out:
http://www.tweaktown.com/popImg.php?type=content&img=3189_09_full.jpg
The new Domino ECO cooling unit. Never did like the company that much as their earlier offerings were junk.

Look at this though! PIVOTING barbs on the CPU block / pump and SWIVEL barbs on the radiator! I'm in love! should be much much easier to shoe-horn this cooler in a tiny case!
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3189/coolit_systems_eco_a_l_c_cpu_cooler/index8.html
Result seems to be similar to h50. Maybe this is better because of a smaller block?

I love this thread :)

I'm planning on putting together an i7 860 on a Zotac H55-ITX in this thing, and it looks like I'll need to use a Corsair H50 to cool it (wierd CPU socket placement).

My question is would the H50 fit with two 140mm fans and would it make any difference to temps.

From the pics above, it looks like 120mm fans almost touch the vid card on the right, but with plenty of space on the left.

For the fans themselves, I'm thinking 2x Noctua NF-P14s. I've heard Gentle Typhoons are better for rads, but I don't think they make 140mm versions of the AP-15.

Thanks in advance!

What fans do you use Zyk?

I got Gelid Wings in mine but I found them to be damn loud (woosh loud) because they move quite a bit of air. Especially when the case is right on the desk. I might use resistor to slow them a bit

Anybody here checked their 12v line in Everest? I'm getting 11.71v and it stays there, do I need to worry or not?

I know that software programs are somewhat not accurate, but if anyone can give me a peace of mind, please do so

Regarding the dual fan setup I used before, those are 2 S-Flex F fans, when I switched over to a single fan, temps didn't change, not sure why, and also, it "almost" touches the video card, i think about 0.5mm distance lol

Back