[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

I can share a little more on this unit:

Market availability - Late December or Early January
Standalone retail part - yes
Power rating - 450W with single +12V@36A

I have no pricing information at this time.

Who's the actual manufacturer or OEM of that PSU? FSP again?

While that's good for upgraders, you should really offer the SG05/6 with the PSU as a different SKU or something for newcomers, there is the P55 DFI board coming, and it would be a waste to buy the case with the 300w psu and then having to upgrade the PSU.

Either that or a PSU less unit maybe?

People who have modded their SG05 with full ATX PSU, what is the gap between bottom of PSU and base of NB? I should receive my SG05 soon and GF9300 G-E today and I'm thinking about placing in HX620 and change out NB heatsink. I have HR05 but I know that wouldn't fit and trying to get best NB cooler that will fit with HX620.

SG06WC_4-1.jpg

2red,

Were you able to fit both H50 and PSU without PSU extender?(of course after giving up/mod bracket that holds optical drive and all) I can't tell from picture if it has enough room to clear H50 loop below PSU if you don't push it back with extender. Also is that PSU extender from NZXT or Lian Li? Can you give me the model number and where you got it from?

Thanks

PS Did you shortened PSU cables? Or is it full length?

Last edited:
If you use a Nexus Value 430 (as I have in one of my HTPCs) you may not need to extend the PSU outside the case as it has a smaller enclosure than that of most ATX PSUs:

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556089490.html

Plus you have the added benefits of excellent performance, efficiency and almost total silence...

I might have change of plan for this build. Could stock 300w PSU handle e6600(maybe OC 3GHz), GF9300 G-E, 2x2GB, 1 HDD and GTX260 or HD4870? Checking Silverstone site seems to indicate I'll be ok but I'm kinda concerned about AMP requirement for graphics card.

The GPU's mentioned won't fit without cutting the case, it's pushing it anyway with only 300w, GTS250/4850 tops out I think, e6600 is 65nm i think, it's higher power than the new wolfdales.

I say GTS250/HD4770/4850 and e7500 are the best bet, maybe a q9400

e6600(maybe OC 3GHz), GF9300 G-E, 2x2GB, 1 HDD and GTX260 or HD487

i had a quad and a4870 with no probs, duo and a 4870 should work better. but its thight with the cables. With GTX 260 u need to cut but its an easy mod.

if u havent anny gpu, a HD5770 is a great choise, would give u same FPS as the other but uset much less power.HD5850 also would work.

I already have GTX260 and HD4870. I knew I had to dremel for GTX260 but now I'm starting to think about placing HD4870 so I don't have to cut.

i had a quad and a4870 with no probs, duo and a 4870 should work better. but its thight with the cables. With GTX 260 u need to cut but its an easy mod.

if u havent anny gpu, a HD5770 is a great choise, would give u same FPS as the other but uset much less power.HD5850 also would work.

If you use a Nexus Value 430 (as I have in one of my HTPCs) you may not need to extend the PSU outside the case as it has a smaller enclosure than that of most ATX PSUs:

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556089490.html

Plus you have the added benefits of excellent performance, efficiency and almost total silence...

Nexus have a newer version of it. My guess is that people didn't respond that well to plain-looking PSUs... new one is the NX-5000 R3.

Were you able to fit both H50 and PSU without PSU extender?(of course after giving up/mod bracket that holds optical drive and all) I can't tell from picture if it has enough room to clear H50 loop below PSU if you don't push it back with extender

your right, there is not enough room for the tube,,,it may "kink" if you bend it too much

Also is that PSU extender from NZXT or Lian Li? Can you give me the model number and where you got it from?

from NZXT rouge...

PS Did you shortened PSU cables?

you right again..lol...

Nexus have a newer version of it. My guess is that people didn't respond that well to plain-looking PSUs... new one is the NX-5000 R3.

That's kind of funny, because in an HTPC or a case without windows all I want is functional and (above all) quiet. The Nexus Value runs at an incredibly cool temperature, is super efficient and is absolutely the most quiet PSU I've ever owned---period. I couldn't care less what it looks like... lol! :p

The new NX-5000 R3 is a 530w and a nice bump up from the Value 430 for an SFF gaming case like the SG05/6 cases. I would definitely consider using it for a more powerful build with a higher end GPU. I could definitely see a build with something like a Big Shuriken or AXP 140, a PWM 120mm silent fan up front, an SSD and a 5850 for a fast but quiet gaming rig.

Last edited:
That's kind of funny, because in an HTPC or a case without windows all I want is functional and (above all) quiet. The Nexus Value runs at an incredibly cool temperature, is super efficient and is absolutely the most quiet PSU I've ever owned---period. I couldn't care less what it looks like... lol! :p

I'm with you on that one. It's just that despite all the rave reviews of the Value 430, it's quite hard to find, and very few retailers have it. Maybe we can blame Nexus for that, or their distributors. But my guess is that for a non negligible percentage of PC enthusiasts, looks and/or package are important: buying the Nexus Value they probably feel they might as well buy a FSP 400W (not that bad a PSU actually) or something similar. I think also Nexus has suffered a lot from the exchange rates. When I bought my 8040 1,5 years ago, they were cheaper than Corsair at equivalent specs. Since then the Euro has gone through the roof against the Dollar, and the Nexus PSUs have become very expensive... I'd like to see a test of their more recent units. My only complaint is that their modular units are quite big ( abit like the HX750 and 850 from Corsair).

:( Only if it was modular. No need for so many long cables for SG05.

Unfortunately there aren't any good modular PSUs as short as the Nexus. Look at 2red's build, he is using the Corsair VX, which is also with fixed cables.

Yes, I could always mod it but as I get older, I get lazier. I will mod if I really wanted to but then, if not I'll take easy way out :D

Unfortunately there aren't any good modular PSUs as short as the Nexus. Look at 2red's build, he is using the Corsair VX, which is also with fixed cables.

Has anyone seen a white, tray loading, slim SATA DVD burner? I have a SG05W and a SilverStone SOD01W. I'm disappointed in the fit of the SOD01W in the SG05W. With two different SOD01Ws I've tried, there's been a noticeable gap around all four sides of the SOD01W and the SG05W's opening for the optical drive.

I think a tray loading optical drive would fit better in that opening. Also, I'm disappointed that the SOD01W isn't compatible w/ 8CM disks. My Nintendo Wii's slot load drive works with 8CM disks, but this one doesn't.

2red,

Can you do me a favor and take shot of back of the case? I want to see how far to right your PSU goes and all the other sides.

Thanks

your right, there is not enough room for the tube,,,it may "kink" if you bend it too much

from NZXT rouge...

you right again..lol...

2red, how does the graphics card fit with the H50 in there? Does it impact the length you have to work with at all?

So I finally got my Zotac 9300-G-E and SG05 put together. Is the hard drive light supposed to be constantly on / solid blue all the time?

So I finally got my Zotac 9300-G-E and SG05 put together. Is the hard drive light supposed to be constantly on / solid blue all the time?

You probably have the HDD light plugged in backwards, that happens to me on just about every computer I build.

Stupid question, but where did everyone get the screwdriver to install the optical drive? I've gone to Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, KMart, WalMart, Target, and Ace Hardware and haven't found a screwdriver that's both long enough and thin enough to reach where the tiny optical drive screws are supposed to be screwed in (to the sides of the optical drive).

Would a longer card clash with the H5O/fan, or does it miss them entirely?

nope...you can still use a longer card up to the radatior only...the h50 fan has 1mm distance from the GPU PCB...the only problem is the power connector..anyway just use a GPU which the power connector is on the top...

Anyone know where I can get the tiny screws needed for tray-loading optical drives?

I purchased a SilverStone SOD01W slot-load drive, but the white color of its bezel doesn't quite match the white faceplate of the SG05W. Also, it doesn't support 3cm CDs. I purchased an OEM tray-loading drive, but it didn't come with screws. I tried the screws that came with the SOD01W and they fit, but they're too long and when screwed in (to stop the optical drive from shifting out of place) the screws keep the drive's tray from being able to pull out all the way.

I've checked around and see that tray-loading slim optical drives do need shorter screws than slot-loading slim optical drives.

So, anyone know where I can get these screws?

Also, I'm having some trouble with the drive cage. I've tried bending the tabs that guide the slim optical drive in and I can't get the optical drive to sit so it has an even amount of space b/w each side of its bezel and the edge of the SG05's faceplate. Right now, there's more space b/w the right side of the drive's bezel and the SG05's faceplate.

Anyone know where I can get the tiny screws needed for tray-loading optical drives?

So, anyone know where I can get these screws?

Mcmaster Carr, M2 at about 2/3mm in length (4mm looks a bit too long, that's what I have for my slot loader).

nope...you can still use a longer card up to the radatior only...the h50 fan has 1mm distance from the GPU PCB...the only problem is the power connector..anyway just use a GPU which the power connector is on the top...

Superb, thanks.

Do you have any pictures of the clearance between the H50, fan, and card? I want to see for myself just how much space is there.

I'm toying with the idea of the following:

- Q9550S
- Zotac 9300
- 4GB DDR2
- Sapphire Vapor-X 5770
- Intel/Samsung SSD
- SG05

and then maybe go for a 5850 with the 450W PSU if it fits (in January). I'm not sure it will with the H5O though.

Can we get some pics of the back? I want to know how much more the fullsized PSU you got in there is than the original.

Anyone got a google sketchup of the SUGO SG05?

Also I noticed in the unboxing pics that this case comes with a Slim CD-rom adapter?

Back