[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

My SG05 should arrive next week. I ordered mine from CentralComputers.com. Never bought from them before. I hope they are a reputable site and I won't have to deal with any screwups on their part.

If you look at the 9300-ITX thread, Exocet956 has posted some pictures of his SG05 setup. He managed to cram a Coolermaster GeminII S into his case by using a 20mm thick fan instead of the 25mm one that comes with it. That might be the way to go if you want to cool down a Q6600 in the SG05. I'll be using a Q6600 in my build as well and I've already gotten a GeminII S and fan for mine. I'll take some pics when everything arrives next week and show some progress on my build. :)

My SG05 should arrive next week. I ordered mine from CentralComputers.com. Never bought from them before. I hope they are a reputable site and I won't have to deal with any screwups on their part.

I bought the original Enermax Chakra from them once. Didnt have a problem. At the time their website didnt look so professional like other online stores so I was a bit worried when I ordered. At the time I got the case for $50 when it was new on the market. About two or three weeks later everyone else had it in stock for $$75-$99 so I felt I got a really good deal. I got the case in great shape. My daughter has it and Its still going strong.

I bought the original Enermax Chakra from them once. Didnt have a problem. At the time their website didnt look so professional like other online stores so I was a bit worried when I ordered. At the time I got the case for $50 when it was new on the market. About two or three weeks later everyone else had it in stock for $$75-$99 so I felt I got a really good deal. I got the case in great shape. My daughter has it and Its still going strong.

Thanks for the info. I feel a lot more comfortable with my order now. :)

They have 4 physical stores in the bay area.
I've seen the SG05 cases in stock myself.
They also sell the Zotac m-itx board.

Well my SG05 has just been shipped. It'll be next week before it arrives though, since I live all the way on the easy coast. I'll take some pics when everything arrives. :)

SilverStone could have done much better. They make power supplies. They should have designed a better SFX PSU for the SG05 with cables that aren't too long.

Anyone know if I can swap the psu with a 400 watt one? I don't see many 400 sfx psu on google

Anyone know if I can swap the psu with a 400 watt one? I don't see many 400 sfx psu on google

Depends on which SFX PSU. There are shitty 400W SFX PSUs out there. Even some SFX PSUs are having some fit problems inside the SG-05

The highest wattage (and best quality) power supply you could cram into an SG05 would be the SeaSonic SS-350SFE , but ONLY if you are willing to do some modification to the front drive bracket. The SS-350SFE is nearly 2" deeper than the stock power supply. You would need to cut some out of the front of the drive bracket so it can slide forward some more, and then reposition the power supply support and drill new holes to mount it. It's an involved process, but it can be done. I plan on doing this when the rest of my parts arrive.

Wish they could make the SG05 sightly longer to hold 10.5" cards and create their own SFX PSU.. Case is good, but not great yet.

the default power supply is good enough to power any current video card that fits in the case

Can you switch the PSU out for something better, or is it like the Shuttle PSUs
You can swap out the power supply. Not that you really need to. It will power pretty much anything you fit in the case (within reason). You can swap out power supplies in Shuttle systems too...

you won't get it unless you live in asia.

two people have received replies to emails from silverstone saying they only intend to market it in asia right now.

this tells me that either:
a. silverstone is stupid
b. the non-handle is a niche product and they intend to introduce a new mATX Sugo case soon

you won't get it unless you live in asia.

two people have received replies to emails from silverstone saying they only intend to market it in asia right now.

this tells me that either:
a. silverstone is stupid
b. the non-handle is a niche product and they intend to introduce a new mATX Sugo case soon
I'm going to go with "a". I've been waiting with money in hand since the moment I saw that case, and I seriously doubt I'm the only one.

i too have been waiting with cash.

ironically it may be because of the visceral loathing inspired by the original SG04 that they decided not to release amother SG04 product into the western market.

if that is so, i hope they realise their mistake.

equally i would like to see a new high-end SUGO case using a signle 180mm fan in the front.

its about time for a new Sugo product, any ideas if there is a tech venue coming up soon where it could be previewed?

Ahhh man, you've got to be shitting me. I spoke with a Silverstone rep twice and he said they were coming to the states.

Damnit to hell Silverstone, you really are retarded if this is true

Got the cases, zotac itx mobo and my 4850 vid card. Thought the case would be just barely long enough for the vid card since silverstone only claims (at least what I read on NCIXUS.com) to fit 9" vid cards and the 4850 I got is 9.5"s , but there was more then enough length for the vid card. I measure just under 10.5" of usable space.

If it is not appearant from the pic, the fan is behind the vid card and not at all in the way. The vid card can be nearly another 1" longer and still fit.

Also, pretty decent space between the CPU area and the PSU...unlike the MI-100 I was using which had the psu sitting right on top of the very slim heatsink/fan I was using on the cpu. This case is really not much bigger then the MI-100, but should cool far better and allow for much more choices in heatsinks for the cpu..

That's a pic of the mobo in the case with the psu installed. Will diffinently have to cut the wiring and shorten it though, but was planning on doing that in order to sleeve it anyway.

Does it mean that we could fit a GTX 260 (10.5" length) on SG05?

Finally put my system together last night.
No pics (b/c I gave my dslr to my brother).

Specs:
SG05
Zotac itx 9300 mobo
Intel e8400
Patriot Viper 4GB
Silverstone NT-07 skt 775
EVGA GTS 250.
WD 150 Raptor 3.5"

The Sugo is a nice little case. A little tight to get the GTS250 in and have a 3.5" hdd mounted with the connectors facing the GPU. The biggest pain in building this rig was the Zotac mobo I/O faceplate where I had to punch out all the holes. They left the covers on all the I/O slots.
Loaded Win 7 via USB & the drivers for the GPU and the system is much quieter.

Overall pretty happy with the build.
I'll have to find a way to get temps. Maybe there's a speedfan version for Windows 7.

I have speedfan running on Win 7 64 bit with the Zotac ITX 9300 board...no problems.

Win 7 Ultimate Beta
Zotac ITX-WifI 9300
E8400
64GB SSD
DVD burner
OCZ 2x2GB DDR 1066
Zotac 9800GT AMP! edition
APEX MI-100
Silverstone SS350-SFE PSU to replace the stock PSU

Idle temps in the mid to high 30's
Full load temps mid 50's

This is in my basement where the ambient temp is pretty cool.

I added a 120mm fan on the side away from the GPU to get some more airflow around the board and CPU...made a huge difference in temps. A 120mm fits perfectly wedged in between the rail and the case bottom...you'd almost think it was designed to fit there.

Hmm With my SG05 and the Silverstone NT-07 skt775 I am idling at 46 & 48 according to speedfan.
I will have to take another look at the pins of the hsf to make sure they are down all the way.

What material is the front bezel of the SG05 made of? I'm guessing plastic with metal mesh for the fan?

edit: nevermind, SilverStone website says the front panel is plastic

Last edited:
The stock PSU vs the Seasonic 300Watt... can anyone with both comment on which is quieter?

Power will not be an issue for me, not even sure I'll use an addin GFX card. I ordered a Zotac 9300 itx board and am going to try out the onboard gfx first as this is basically just a computer for my mom&dad.

--edit--

Actually just rereading this thread... not just Seasonic... are any of the alternate PSUs obviously quieter than the stock one?

Any suggestions for nice case feet? Something is missing without feet on the case. And I sometimes push it around when pressing the power button, it's rather stiff.

Any suggestions for nice case feet? Something is missing without feet on the case. And I sometimes push it around when pressing the power button, it's rather stiff.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=21104

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=21105

Bought those before and they're actually rather nice. :) Highly suggest you checking them out.

Also: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=22797

These look great :) Looked at the TJ09 feet before.

My first choice would be the Lian Li V350 feet, but I couldn't find them as spare parts anywhere.

For all wondering if you can fit a GTX260 in the SG05, I've done it, and you can. What you have to do is take a pare of metal sheers, and cut out the entire sheet of steel behind the front plastic plate (where the 120mm fan is located). This allows you not only to slide your card in the front, as anything over 9.5" wont go in from the top, and it also lets you use a card bigger than about 10", by adding another half inch of space that runs all the way to the inside of the front plastic. Now, you do lose your fan mounting holes by cutting the steel in front out, and it also makes it a bit harder to mount your Laptop DVD or BDVD drive, but if you cut around the mounting holes for that, it isn't an issue. You can also drill holes in the plastic front cover, and mount the fan straight to it. There are triangles sticking out from behind all 4 sides of the front mesh, allowing for holes to be drilled, while from the outside you cant tell the difference. Currently I'm just using tape, but either works fine.

So there you go, a GTX260 @ 10.5" or so can just about fit. Although, I'm not sure if any SFX PSU's can handle it yet...

YEa... was about to say... I don't think any PSU is going to work.

I'm fine with just a GTS250 in there...

Back