[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

I think the recommended Amps apply to the whole system. Anyway if I'm not mistaken the PCIE provides 75W and a 6-pin another 75W, and from the pix on newegg it only requires one 6-pin so the card can't be pulling more than 12.5A. As long as your card only requires one 6-pin PCIE power connector, you should be ok.

(Where did my reply vanish to? Weird.) Yes, it's the total amps that's listed as recommended.

... nm. If GeminII original fits, AXP-140 should have no problems with all drives and RAM installed on a Zotac 9300 ITX board...

Last edited:
Would the sg05 fit the new ATI 5850? As far as I know the card is 9.5 inches long but the connectors are at the end of the card.

Would the sg05 fit the new ATI 5850? As far as I know the card is 9.5 inches long but the connectors are at the end of the card.

if card is 9.5 inchs long then it will fit fine with connectors at back .

Jen

The newer PCB with one 6-pin power connector, I'd say yes. The old ones (PCB of the 9800GTX+) with 2 connectors might be a bit tight.
Not to mention the PSU only has one PCI-E connector, so you'd have to mess around with a Molex-to-PCI-E adapter. But indeed it'd be cutting it a bit too close for comfort.

There are some who have, but the problem with the Corsair setup is that it blows hot air back in towards the motherboard / components.

The H50's fan is supposed to be an exhaust (to take heat away from the CPU).

Well you can always "flip" the fan of the H50 which should bring better results.
Air gets pulled in from the side panel, and exits from the PSU & Watercooling.
(Might be noisy because the of the frontal mesh).

The ideal would be to be able to fit a fan on the side panel and keep everything as is.

My plan for a new Rig when Diablo3 Starcraft2 come out will be : SG05 + 600W PSU + H50 + Chipset Cooler + GTX280(or equivalent) + SDD

Last edited:
The biggest problem with fitting the H50 is to avoid it hitting the drive cages. If you use the 3.5" cage you will hit it regardless, and even the 2.5" can be annoying. Look up 2red's pictures of his setup.

The biggest problem with fitting the H50 is to avoid it hitting the drive cages. If you use the 3.5" cage you will hit it regardless, and even the 2.5" can be annoying. Look up 2red's pictures of his setup.

One could possibly "mount" the 3.5 or 2.5" drive at the bottom of the case either with screw/rubber/drilling modifications or just placing it on a piece of packing foam with antistatic beneath it or something.

Yup, the HDD can be placed elsewhere, just like in 2red's pictures. But in case of the 2.5" bay, you'll have to "forcefully" remove it from the ODD cage.

Oh, and about the SG05 and 5850. I think it could be pushing the PSU a bit too much - depending on the rest of the specs, of course.

made some changes..moded the front so the h50 will sit on the case floor...mounted the 2tb hdd just below the odd
DSC03376.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

We need pics. from behind (maybe from a top angled view from the back) so we can see the H50 from inside.

Last edited:
Oh, and about the SG05 and 5850. I think it could be pushing the PSU a bit too much - depending on the rest of the specs, of course.

i have a q8200 and a hd4870, I changed my cpu to a E8600. so I fugure i could go for a 5870, and end up with the same psu load.

need to use my dremmel dough :)

What if you get a 150W PicoPSU for all the components and the SG05's stock PSU just for the video card?

Wouldnt the rails still limit the power it gives to the card? But that would be a great Idea.

If you guys wanna check page 13 of this thread, 2red managed to fit a Corsair 450W ATX PSU and a H50 in a SG06.

Hehe, just j/k. I know it's different depending on what your user settings for the forum are.

On topic; I'm surprised no one has tried the dual PSU setup yet w/ a PicoPSU + the stock PSU. I think there's space to mount the PicoPSU near the front of the case b/w the motherboard and the front wall of the case / case fan on the opposite side of the case from the video card. You'd just need to drill a hole for the AC/DC adapter plug and you'd need a bulky dual PSU cable to plug into the motherboard's 24-pin power port.

I just got this case but the psu makes this annoying "electric" noise even when system is off.
Is this common thing with SG05 or should I get my unit replaced ?

Thinking about better cooling and found this picture:
(GeminIIS +120mm fan)
geminiis.jpg

If I removed the fan in the stock PSU (cut out that grill / hole pattern on the bottom of the PSU where the PSU's stock fan used to be) and then mounted a more quiet 120mm fan on top of the GeminIIS w/ the airflow going the same way as in that picture, would the system be cooler and more quiet?

Last edited:
Well I think the air would have a tough time getting through the psu from just that fan on the cooler, and thats already getting restricted by the heatsink. Maybe put a better quieter fan inside the psu also? And did you already make one of these builds?!

Back